I can't make a good decision between them cause, i don't wanna be disappointed. I play METAL that all. I don't want a good clean channel and don't need a versatile amp just want a good decent high gain distortion amp. any opinion ? help

peavey vypyr 60( 550$ new),
line 6 flextone II(400$ used),
spider valve 112(500$ used),
valve king 112( 560$ new),
marshall valvestate 8040( 300$ used)
Marshall ValveState VS265R(550$ used),
bugera 333 ( 550$ used).
Line 6 Spider II Head and 412 Cab( 300 $ used)
well to be honest i dont know everything about all of those amps, but heres my help. knockout the marshalls, the spider, and valve king.

if ur willing to spend up $550, if u bargain hunt for a while u can get a 6505/5150/6505+ combo used. i got mine for $550 used at GC, so its possible. check out GC.com used section, craigslist and ebay.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
line 6 spider has great distortions
Gear

Guitars:
Ibanez S520
Ibanez Grx40

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX Half stack
Ibanez Tbx15r

Effects:
Digitech RP90
Boss Ds-1
I'd say the Bugera out of those, Spider Valve sounds decent too. The Vypr is cool for small practice but at 60 watts its probably trash, the Line 6 stuff usually won't sound good either. Honestly out of hte list it's the Valvstates, Valve King, Bugera and Spider Valve.

Valve Kings lack something, balls I guess, for metal.
Valvestates...Chuck Schuldiner used a 8100 for the longest time and his tone was always pretty good. I like the ones I tired, but that was a while back.
I'd check out the Spider Valves on youtube, search for The Tone King and look for his stuff, I think his username is Isjmir. I've never touched one but I've watched some kid mess with one and it was okay.
Bugeras I can't support because I haven't had any experience.

Ignore that^ and do what under-taker said.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
well to be honest i dont know everything about all of those amps, but heres my help. knockout the marshalls, the spider, and valve king.

if ur willing to spend up $550, if u bargain hunt for a while u can get a 6505/5150/6505+ combo used. i got mine for $550 used at GC, so its possible. check out GC.com used section, craigslist and ebay.

thanks, i will go have a look. If i don't make a decision i will probably wait for the 6505 112. how come not the VK, probably needs some upgrade? those marshal don't have the high gain punch ?
the first two on your list fabsi

I can't speak to the cleans on the 6505+ 112 nor the speaker nor the delivery dates.

Edit: Didn't you have a similar thread yesterday? I like eyebanez' suggestions too.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 5, 2009,
Do you need effects built into the amp? If so...go for the Vypyr Tube or Flextone. If you don't need effects built in...the Bugera would be your best bet off that list. But for that money, you could probably pick up a Peavey XXX combo used...or a B-52 AT-series if you want a new amp.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
the first two on your list fabsi

I can't speak to the cleans on the 6505+ 112 nor the speaker nor the delivery dates.

Edit: Didn't you have a similar thread yesterday? I like eyebanez' suggestions too.

Would you give me the reason why you choose the flexII and the Vypyr over the bugera? yeah it's me, for the other thread though.
Quote by eyebanez333
Do you need effects built into the amp? If so...go for the Vypyr Tube or Flextone. If you don't need effects built in...the Bugera would be your best bet off that list. But for that money, you could probably pick up a Peavey XXX combo...or a B-52 AT-series if you want a new amp.

to be honest i do not want any effect but if, the vypyr or the flex has great tone for metal i would take them in consideration. Do you have any experience about the bugera? his it true those model's are made very cheap and they break ? if so when i will go try it out what should i check to make sure it's in good shape( tube and sound etc)?
Bugera's have great tone - unfortunately you have to void your warranty if you want to do the 'final assembly' yourself.

Read the Blog BeerChurch did on these amps and if you feel comfortable with what he is recommending then go for it. In Bugera's defense, I hear the QC is on the rise. However, I've seen enough 'busted amp' threads for me just to not recommend them at all.

Bugeras are for people with average to above average knowledge on tube amps and electronics and the desire to troubleshoot and make better.

Sorry, it had to be said.

Edit: You don't have to use the effects on the Vypyrs. Just set it to 6505 or XXX or JSX or Diezel and away you go. The 6505+ 112 combo may be great for you but I've only seen a handful trickle out so far. Not really a Flextone expert. Valveking will work and has nice cleans but you'll have to be preparred to upgrade it.
Quote by fabsi
to be honest i do not want any effect but if, the vypyr or the flex has great tone for metal i would take them in consideration. Do you have any experience about the bugera? his it true those model's are made very cheap and they break ? if so when i will go try it out what should i check to make sure it's in good shape( tube and sound etc)?

Both amps will work for metal. But if you need effects, a modelling amp like the flextone, vypyr, vetta, etc. is the way to go if you want them all in one package deal without having to buy individual pedals. I wanted a Bugera for the longest time because our old guitarist had one...his worked great for a year...and we gigged a lot. It never broke down on him, but he eventually made the transformer clip repair to keep it from breaking in the future. Basically do what 311 said...read up on them and make your decision from there. I don't frequent the Bugera thread much anymore...but you could always ask in there. Who knows, they may have fixed the problem in the new production runs.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Bugera's have great tone - unfortunately you have to void your warranty if you want to do the 'final assembly' yourself.

Read the Blog BeerChurch did on these amps and if you feel comfortable with what he is recommending then go for it. In Bugera's defense, I hear the QC is on the rise. However, I've seen enough 'busted amp' threads for me just to not recommend them at all.

Bugeras are for people with average to above average knowledge on tube amps and electronics and the desire to troubleshoot and make better.

Sorry, it had to be said.

Edit: You don't have to use the effects on the Vypyrs. Just set it to 6505 or XXX or JSX or Diezel and away you go. The 6505+ 112 combo may be great for you but I've only seen a handful trickle out so far. Not really a Flextone expert. Valveking will work and has nice cleans but you'll have to be preparred to upgrade it.

yeah cool, lucky me im a electrician, now i just need to understand more the logic of it hehehe. Thanks for helping me a lot, now im have to make a decision between the bugera, peavey xxx and vypyr60. One question, his it me or the vypyr 75 has more balls then the 60 ?
Quote by fabsi
yeah cool, lucky me im a electrician, now i just need to understand more the logic of it hehehe. Thanks for helping me a lot, now im have to make a decision between the bugera, peavey xxx and vypyr60. One question, his it me or the vypyr 75 has more balls then the 60 ?

The Vypyr 60 and 120 are tube amps...the rest are SS. You will need to keep that in mind when looking at them.
Quote by eyebanez333
Do you need effects built into the amp? If so...go for the Vypyr Tube or Flextone. If you don't need effects built in...the Bugera would be your best bet off that list. But for that money, you could probably pick up a Peavey XXX combo used...or a B-52 AT-series if you want a new amp.
+1

I find the Line6 Spider Valve to be a pretty good piece of kit. That is, if you aren't afraid to work with it. It's a tweakers amp, with a plethora of tone options, so don't be afraid to get your fingers dirty. The problem, of course, is that there are 70% dead tones, and 30% bitchin' ones. So, if you want a dive in and play amp, I'd suggest a used Peavey Triple XXX, maybe the new Peavey 6505+ 112 that's just been released (I can't comment on it) or even the cheaper, but equally good, B-52 AT-112. I really don't know how they managed to retail them at such a low price, but they did.

The Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 is also worth noting, as already pointed out. It's basically a more workable version of the Spider Valve.

You've also got Bugera, and if you gig, they are perfect. The 6262 is the only one I've tried and would be happy to suggest, it's a really great sounding amp.
But please research them.

I haven't played the Valvestate's or Spider II, but if they are as bad as everyone says they are you're probably better off elsewhere.

The Line 6 Flextone III is a damn find piece of gear. $400 is a bit steep, though - I've seen them as low as $300 before.
Quote by eyebanez333
Both amps will work for metal. But if you need effects, a modelling amp like the flextone, vypyr, vetta, etc. is the way to go if you want them all in one package deal without having to buy individual pedals. I wanted a Bugera for the longest time because our old guitarist had one...his worked great for a year...and we gigged a lot. It never broke down on him, but he eventually made the transformer clip repair to keep it from breaking in the future. Basically do what 311 said...read up on them and make your decision from there. I don't frequent the Bugera thread much anymore...but you could always ask in there. Who knows, they may have fixed the problem in the new production runs.

thanks you, guys now, everything seems to be much more clear in my head. I shouldn't have any problems to deal whit that since, i play very often whit electronics though.
The Vypyr 75 is solid state and In My Opinion does not have as much bass or balls as the tube 60 version. Some will claim that for metal only, the solid state power amp version (15, 30, 75, 100 watters) are better because you don't need the power tube saturation.

That is an opinion that could be valid. The Vypyr 60 and 120 head are power tube sections and are better for your cleans, strait up rock, jazz, blues, other things you may want.

Brush up on the differences.

Play a used XXX or a 6505+ at the store if you can.

I've played the 6262 - tone is great like I said. Read the blog though before you buy.
+1

I find the Line6 Spider Valve to be a pretty good piece of kit. That is, if you aren't afraid to work with it. It's a tweakers amp, with a plethora of tone options, so don't be afraid to get your fingers dirty. The problem, of course, is that there are 70% dead tones, and 30% bitchin' ones. So, if you want a dive in and play amp, I'd suggest a used Peavey Triple XXX, maybe the new Peavey 6505+ 112 that's just been released (I can't comment on it) or even the cheaper, but equally good, B-52 AT-112. I really don't know how they managed to retail them at such a low price, but they did.

The Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 is also worth noting, as already pointed out. It's basically a more workable version of the Spider Valve.

You've also got Bugera, and if you gig, they are perfect. The 6262 is the only one I've tried and would be happy to suggest, it's a really great sounding amp.
But please research them.

I haven't played the Valvestate's or Spider II, but if they are as bad as everyone says they are you're probably better off elsewhere.

The Line 6 Flextone III is a damn find piece of gear. $400 is a bit steep, though - I've seen them as low as $300 before.[/QUOTE

Thanks! it's more a flextone II dunno if they are the same quality though. For 400$ it's comes whit the dual floorboard. I guess i have to try them out before i make a decision.