I'm going to go play in a jazz gig thats for 18-, basically a competition but you could call it a gig, ain't about the winning. I'm wondering if i should be nervous, i'm more happy and eager to go and play in front of people than worried :L

any tips or stuff i could use or have? I mean its my first time and i don't know much about gigging.
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
You feel however you feel dude, just get up there do your best and enjoy yourself....
[
try not to stay in one spot like a zombie move around, headband etc the crowd will feed off of the bands energy
It is jazz mind you roughneck-1, though when i play in front of people or alongside great jammers, i do "fool about" per say.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Practice in front of a mirror.
It will help break you of the habit we all have of looking at the fretboard.
Also, it will let you know what you like like when you move.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I always play in front of a mirror, it makes me feel better, i sometimes laugh at my blues faces though

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Quote by neo14085
I always play in front of a mirror, it makes me feel better, i sometimes laugh at my blues faces though
The scowl or chinese eyes?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Mouth wide open, eyes shut (sometimes open to see what i look like) and lean back letting my full concentration on the guitar through my mind and ears.

Edit:

or sometimes the normal eyes shut and bop back and forth, think of Angus young.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Last edited by neo14085 at Nov 5, 2009,
pretty much, in any jazz gig, its about having fun, and not about being serious...so just have fun with it, don't worry about it, and if you screw up, make it look like you meant it!!
Quote by neo14085
It is jazz mind you roughneck-1, though when i play in front of people or alongside great jammers, i do "fool about" per say.

It's spelled per se.
So... i repost there?

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.