Page 1 of 2
So I was thinking about buying a power generator and just going to an old abandoned warehouse and start hosting shows.

Looking for any feedback really, if anybody else has done this and knows exactly
which power generator is best or whatever.
Ed!!!
I doubt the local authorities would be too chuffed
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Surely you'd need the deed to this abandoned place?
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Me and the other UGers swear by Crazy Chapman's 5000KW generator.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^ AHHHHHHHHHHHH! HOW DOES IT CHANGE LIKE THAT!

What creature uses that! Missingo?! zalgo?

Be sure to invite UG to these gigs...

If it's successful then you can host gigs where the audience is mostly UG and all the performing acts are UG people. It'll bring the community closer. :3

Or push it further... who knows.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Nov 5, 2009,
i think ts might perhaps be a 15 year old kid with big dreams, no offence intended! =]
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
It'd be a bit difficult...I mean, you'd be able to stick some amps and whatnot up.
But would you be able to also get the mixing desk and all that shizz?
Yeah that's going to be illegal dude.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Not so much a license as permission. You need somewhere you can rent, or own if at all possible. And you'll need to discuss it with local authorities to see how late they'll let you do it. It depends on location and how much noise is going to be generating outside of the building and what hours. Good luck with that tho. Don't skip those steps or you're going to be in an awful state by the end of it.
Do it somewhere ridiculously isolated so there are no legal problems.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Fugazi would be proud.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I find the best way to get power is to get a handful of slaves, let's say about 40 of them, and a huge wooden wheel, like the one hamsters have, but much bigger. Then, you get the slaves to take the wheel apart and use the wood to build a big pyre, which you can use to power a steam turbine connected to a generator.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Generator won't really work. You're going to be pulling alot of power from one generator to power amps, pa, and what ever else you will have. Plus the generator will fluctuate in power etc.

You would be better off actually finding a place thats in decent condition that has electricity and doing it legally.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
Generator won't really work. You're going to be pulling alot of power from one generator to power amps, pa, and what ever else you will have. Plus the generator will fluctuate in power etc.

You would be better off actually finding a place thats in decent condition that has electricity and doing it legally.
Nah d00d a generator would work. It's not like he's gunna be putting on shows for 5,000 people; you won't need that much power.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Screw the abandoned warehouse, just go out into the desert.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Last edited by WaitWhat? at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by sylphin
i think ts might perhaps be a 15 year old kid with big dreams, no offence intended! =]

haha none taken and no i aint 15, and i dont have big dreams. I just wanna play my music.
Ed!!!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
It'd be a bit difficult...I mean, you'd be able to stick some amps and whatnot up.
But would you be able to also get the mixing desk and all that shizz?

naw, that stuff aint important, just keeping it simple
two amps(bass-guitar) and PA.
Ed!!!
Quote by entity0009
I find the best way to get power is to get a handful of slaves, let's say about 40 of them, and a huge wooden wheel, like the one hamsters have, but much bigger. Then, you get the slaves to take the wheel apart and use the wood to build a big pyre, which you can use to power a steam turbine connected to a generator.

LMAO!
Ed!!!
Just make sure the bands you host play original material. Cover songs without you paying a performance license from ASCAP/BMI can result in copyright infringement and you getting a lawsuit.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana

if it turns like that.

****ING A!
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by element4433
Nah d00d a generator would work. It's not like he's gunna be putting on shows for 5,000 people; you won't need that much power.

exactly!
Ed!!!
Quote by Rancid Ivy

if it turns like that.

****ING A!

hell yeah!
that would be ****ing rad!
Ed!!!
Quote by SG_dave
OMG! did i just witness a quintuple post? DUDE learn to edit your posts

It's a quintiple alright.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Just make sure the bands you host play original material. Cover songs without you paying a performance license from ASCAP/BMI can result in copyright infringement and you getting a lawsuit.

it'd be strictly for punk bands.
Ed!!!
Quote by entity0009
Sure looks like it >_>

Oh my! >.>
Sounds cool, but do you plan on charging people an entrance fee? I think that's a bad idea if doing it illegally; you'll end up in way more shit if caught. Have some CDs on sale instead.
Quote by element4433

Yeah, ok. But when ever you run out of power because your little cheap generator couldn't handle the pull of amplifiers, mics, pa, lights and what ever else and everyone leaves you'll see my point.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Page 1 of 2