Page 1 of 5
This is my next commisioned project, should be a lot of fun.

It's going to be a slightly different body shape for me (a little more strat-like), neck-thru, single EMG 81 and a Hipshot hardtail bridge.

The inlay will be white mother of pearl, green abalone, and red acrylic for the flying saucer thingie.

:O do want! Looks sexy, and so long as you'll do some carving on the top the strat should look to bad on it
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
Sir...
I tip my ****ing hat to you
that is GENIUS!!

can you make the last few lazer shots LEDS
so they light up and shit??
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
damn man, looks nice.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by Handgrenade
that looks awesome. what program did you use to draw that up?

+1

Awesome idea.

Ive always wanted to do a retro guitar with Pac-Man or Space invaders on because it would just look awesome. Are you keeping that headstock shape? It looks cool!!!!!
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
This will be interesting, needless to say. I'll be watching it.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
The only negative thing I can say is- it makes little sense that the laser bombs are further down the fretboard than the defending cannon. Also, I'm not sure the very metal headstock will suit a more traditional Strat shape. Other than that-

Quote by Pikka Bird
The only negative thing I can say is- it makes little sense that the laser bombs are further down the fretboard than the defending cannon.

that's exactly what I was gonna say

and yea, this is awesome!
Not related to guitars, but to building and space invaders, we are about 80% done our mame cabinet. It's awesome to have a standup machine with sticks and buttons and trackballs and spinners and 5,000 old school games to play.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
I think I just had a nerdgasm. Thank you, sir.
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
The squiggly lasers are the ones from the invaders, not the defender.

And it's not going to be an actual strat shape, just slightly more stratish than my standard body shape. As in a shorter upper horn and a longer lower one.

Handgrenade, I drew it using Pro-Engineer.

Thanks, guys.
How do you do that in pro engineer?!? I've tried doing a guitar many times in that programm and failed.... Miserably...
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
I don't really know what to tell you. It's far too involved to attempt to describe here, although it's pretty basic modeling if you're experienced at all in Pro-E.
This is the body shape for this guitar, a little more of a traditional superstrat shape than my standard body, and is a one-off for this customer.

Behind it is the neck blank, which is a 5 piece:
hard maple / wenge / curly maple / wenge / hard maple

Working on the inlay now, more updates soon!
I like that shape. Reminds me of a fat bottomed Ibanez JS. The Space Invaders inlay is awesome too!
What kind of wood is the body? Also, What kind of neck joint?

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
What kind of wood is the body? Also, What kind of neck joint?

Neck thru, mahogany body.
Quote by Metalhead_28
The squiggly lasers are the ones from the invaders, not the defender.

I know, that's why I called them bombs... Anyhow, since the defender cannon is on the ground, does this mean that the bombs are... burrowing!?
Quote by Pikka Bird
I know, that's why I called them bombs... Anyhow, since the defender cannon is on the ground, does this mean that the bombs are... burrowing!?

I'll be honest....I didn't think about it that much, haha.

I really just didn't want to put plain old dots in the upper register, but what else can you do? I figured the lasers were more interesting.
its space invader THEMED, not a freaking screenshot.

it will look epic.

if you are worried about it, put the cannon on the highest fret, with lazors inbetween. but eithar way ittl look badass
oh isnt that just cute.

haha, actually its really badass, this guitar screams awesome.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
i don't think all the invaders should be in the center of the fretboard,, make it look like some have already been destroyed, so like.. there not all in a line.. maybe...
Quote by Jason Jillard
i don't think all the invaders should be in the center of the fretboard,, make it look like some have already been destroyed, so like.. there not all in a line.. maybe...

I thought the exact same thing, but the customer seems to want them all centered up in the middle of the board.

I've asked if he wants the barricade to be all blasted away but I haven't gotten a decision on that yet.
well, il stop saying things then, costomer gets what customer wants. i thought this build was for you lol

loks rediculous anyways
lol, killswitch is awesome. I hear those work as the best killswitches since they are specifically meant for rapid action.

...kinda like me
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
that fretboard is sickkkkkkkkkkk and so is that body, that things ganna look and soundl awesome
Page 1 of 5