yesterday my amp decided to sound awfull, so bad i don't want to play it anymore, i can't afford a new amp at the moment, as i had to buy my parents a freezer. i was going to be replacing my amp anyway with a blackstar ht-5, so i need a tempory fix untill christmass or the new year. i'm considering the amplugs as i mostly play with headphones.
i'm wondering which one i should get, i play all types of rock some blues and some metal.
any opinions are greatly appreciated.
i forgot to mention i play an epiphone g-400.
Last edited by britishsligean at Nov 5, 2009,
I've got the metal amplug and it sounds great.. if you like high gain metal.
The fact is that the amplug is great for what it says, the metal is for metal and nothing else.
So maybe the rock version is a good idea!
I have the AC30 and I only use it with the gain up really... Not sure what that means for you though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
The Classic rock one is probably what you want. They sound quite good, and if you want a little more out of them you can plug your pedals into the input.
The AC30 has a surprising amount of gain, so that's another option if you want a little more character/clean sound, but I'd be worried about it sounding thin with the stock epi pickups on your G-400.
How do these little things work? Do you plug it into your guitar and then plus in headphones? Is that it?
Quote by archetype713
How do these little things work? Do you plug it into your guitar and then plus in headphones? Is that it?

Yup.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!