Did a search, all the threads were too old to bump.

My laptop is increasingly playing up (wireless connection keeps breaking down, casing is cracked, screen has also been damaged through me dropping it) and now I'm fed-up.

So, talk to me about netbooks. I've never used one before and was looking for one with a EHDD (external hard disk drive).

Any ideas?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I've never used one before and was looking for one with a EHDD (external hard disk drive).

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out how much I hate it when people feel the need to refer to something by its abbreviation, but then go ahead and spell it out anyway like they think we're morons.

For all your answers.
It depends what you want to use it for. If you strictly chat online and surf the web, then go for a netbook. If you play games then no.
Quote by ckellingc
puffycow, you rock

Quote by Krieg Commando
Puffycow, you've got mojo

touch me
Quote by vitchb
What do you use your computer for?

For trolling UG...
Quote by puffycow
It depends what you want to use it for. If you strictly chat online and surf the web, then go for a netbook. If you play games then no.

I need to be able to type documents, get on the web and play some mp3s. Anything else I can do on my desktop computer.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I need to be able to type documents, get on the web and play some mp3s. Anything else I can do on my desktop computer.

then they kick ass and have CRAZY battery life. go for it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
yo fassa is that really you in your profile page. i thought you was a girl?
(i rly don't mean to be offensive, i'm just confused...)

edit: actually this does seem like an offensive question...sry
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Get one of THESE. They're kick ass. I'm on one now 8.5 hour battery FTW

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by Wesseem

I'm a girl yes. My profile pic was taken at 3am whilst I was p****ed.

@AlexMag- cheers!
Quote by Wesseem

hahahahhaa
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
@AleCMag- cheers!

Cheers

srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by puffycow

I play some games on mine, it depends on what you get. Usually you have to run the game at lowest settings. I over-clock my graphics card and put everything at low settings and I can run some alright (though usually old-ish) games.
Might as well get it if its for light use. Only bad thing is the small screen/keyboard.
I've never heard of any computer coming with an external HDD, but you can get a huge one on the cheap now, so it's no biggie. A Netbook is f'sho what you want.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I've been looking into getting a netbook for my birthday this year and they look pretty cool. I'm not much of a PC gamer but I do love movies. Are movies alright for netbooks (besides the obvious small screen problem)?
HeartGold FC: 4340 7508 2259
Black FC: 5114 4986 4432
Quote by trjafreak208
I've been looking into getting a netbook for my birthday this year and they look pretty cool. I'm not much of a PC gamer but I do love movies. Are movies alright for netbooks (besides the obvious small screen problem)?

Some (such as mine) don't have a CD slot, so you can't watch DVDs

srsly.

Yeah, I think you're hard-pressed to find a netbook with an optical disk drive.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by AlecMag
Get one of THESE. They're kick ass. I'm on one now 8.5 hour battery FTW

This. A thousand times, this.

Typing this from my Asus Eee PC 1000HE, and I would heavily recommend it. 7-8 hour battery life (8.5 if you turn the screen down to low brightness and run power-save mode), runs smoothly, compact enough for your needs etc. etc. You're better off reading reviews online and comparing what value you can get for your money. There may be better by now, since I got this netbook ~6 months ago.

Still a brilliant machine for £300 (or was, may be cheaper now).

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by captaincrunk
No real space for it. USB 3.0 is coming out sooner or later too.

I don't see what's wrong with 2.0.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
netbooks are pretty nifty Fassa, but I definitely suggest/urge that you buy one outright rather than taking one that comes free with a contract.

Those contracts are a ripoff and they have you for 24 months. That's a loong time.
Quote by osXtiger
I don't see what's wrong with 2.0.

Probably nothing, but 3.0 will be quicker at data transfer and have better latency (although the two things i just said could well be directly related)
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.