Looking for a new wah...
I Hate Hate Hate a crybabys sound. Was thinking along the lines of the MXR CAE 404 or a Morley Power Wah. I really love Steve Vai's wah the Bad Horsie because of the fact you just step on it to engage. He has an amazing wah tone...but Im not big on using ppls signature model equipment lol. Anybody have any suggestions on a really good wah?
whats the big deal if its his signature equipement? if you like it buy it.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Read the stickies. "Best [insert gear here]" threads are banned.

Delete this one. Make another one, but in that one include:

1) A different title, maybe "I need a new wah" or something simple like that.

2) Actually tell us what genres you will need this wah for.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Read the stickies. "Best [insert gear here]" threads are banned.

Delete this one. Make another one, but in that one include:

1) A different title, maybe "I need a new wah" or something simple like that.

2) Actually tell us what genres you will need this wah for.

Slow down Will...

TS - Just edit the OP to say 'Best wah for...' then list all the genres and or bands you would like to sound like.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I agree with britishsligean... I once had a Vox Wah that sounded incredible... But then I bought a Pod and just use that one now... (BTW... Jimi Hendrix used a Vox Wah)
Quote by stunrocks
I agree with britishsligean... I once had a Vox Wah that sounded incredible... But then I bought a Pod and just use that one now... (BTW... Jimi Hendrix used a Vox Wah)

The wah Hendrix used is nothing like the wahs Vox is pumping out nowadays.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
When I went wah buying a few years ago I felt the same - ended up with a Morley Power Wah and I love it. I also live the Boss PW-10 which a lot of people hate (though I tried it in a shop and it sucked - they had it set up rather badly with no range).
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by unininium
When I went wah buying a few years ago I felt the same - ended up with a Morley Power Wah and I love it. I also live the Boss PW-10 which a lot of people hate (though I tried it in a shop and it sucked - they had it set up rather badly with no range).

I have been looking at the Power Wah... Can it get that 'Shaft' wick-wick-wicki thing going?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Slow down Will...

TS - Just edit the OP to say 'Best wah for...' then list all the genres and or bands you would like to sound like.

He's obviously new so I'm just trying to give him a heads up, tube. That way he can get this fixed before someone who is a bigger dickhead than me (wait... is that even possible!? ) comes along and rips this guy a new one.

TS: I still stand by my point that we can't really recommend you anything until you tell us what type of music you need this wah to be able to cover.
Quote by x7shadesofblack
Morley, all the way.
Just look for any Morley Wah.

As will said, anyone that recommends a wah without knowing what it will be used for has no idea what they're talking about. Also anyone that recommends a brand and not a model has no idea what they are talking about.

So... You have no idea what you are talking about.

TS - Give us some genres or at least a few band names.

Will - I know I was joking... But because of you he made another thread, and probably couldn't figure out how to delete. In my experience, as long as you provide enough info on what you want to use it for, the 'best' threads don't get closed. Though in your defense, TS did not.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Nov 5, 2009,
No, I know what I'm talking about man.
I've used just about ALL of the Morley Wah line at some point or another, I've been fine with them no matter what genre or style.

SECONDLY - the poster HIMSELF said he's looking into the Power Wah - I'm merely confirming that it's definitely worth trying out.
OH YEA !!!MORLEY!!! all the way man i,d be lost without it , mine is the BAD HORSIE2COUNTOUR ,oh man it,s exell!!!!!!!!!
holy confession! (duh jsut wanted to say that)

hmm i'd say the only thing i hate on Vai's Bad Horsie is the "step on it" technology
lol i like leaving wahs on as filters and stuff... I like bitching around with effects yes!!!

hmm ive got a Morley PWA special custom vintage (and some other names too) and it's awesome.. better then Crybabies... hmm and they are good for hi gain stuff too!!!
Quote by x7shadesofblack
No, I know what I'm talking about man.
I've used just about ALL of the Morley Wah line at some point or another, I've been fine with them no matter what genre or style.

SECONDLY - the poster HIMSELF said he's looking into the Power Wah - I'm merely confirming that it's definitely worth trying out.

There are better pedals out there than Morley, depending on what he wants to use this wah for. So until he does you're a complete idiot if you make any recommendations.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

There are better pedals out there than Morley, depending on what he wants to use this wah for. So until he does you're a complete idiot if you make any recommendations.

Exactly my point. The Morley Power Wah is great... Cool, great for what? If you respond and say great for everything then you, again, have no idea what you are talking about. This is why 'best' threads are banned. Morley is not best, they may be best for some things, but they are not best.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I've heard the new not-yet-released Ibanez WH10 v2 might be good when it is released.....

that wasn't really helpful was it?
Quote by Tay-ron
go listen to the sound of grass growing. then play it.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||| My Music
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
i made the same thread a couple a weeks back and based on the advice here and my budget i have just ordered the fulltone clyde deluxe..i would tell you its a fantastic pedal IF IT EVER BLOODY GOT HERE!
ahem, anyway i may have tomorrow so i can give you a quick outline
I'd also like some opinions on a good Whah pedal.
I thought I've seen a couple that actually "whah" themselves.... without using a pedal. Anyone have that style?
I have a Dunlop (Unknown Model) that I'm currently using as a door stopper.
Basically, it's to extreme in both directions for me. I would like something less extreme, and less harsh sounding.
dunlop kh95 wah, no joke, try it, i sold my cfh and wylde wah once i got mine
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by tubetime86
I have been looking at the Power Wah... Can it get that 'Shaft' wick-wick-wicki thing going?

You can but other Wahs will do it better - the Power wah excells with a distorted signal. If you're playing distorted if you're playing clean (ala shaft) a differant one would be more up your street.

Actually - does the shaft theme use an autowah? I can't remember.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
dunlop kh95 wah, no joke, try it, i sold my cfh and wylde wah once i got mine

Great, I'll check it out.
Do you run your through the loop or straight?
well thats why I said what kind of gear I was playing lol... who would play country with a PRS and a Mesa?? haha But since I DID Already say that Vai has an amazing wah tone...I obviously want mine to sound like that. SO...what are som wah pedals that will do the trick?
Not to beat down the obvious door, but I'm pretty sure there's only one wah that sounds exactly like the Bad Horsie wah...

If you must, I guess just mod another wah to Bad Horsie spec?

Or just scratch the labels off, dude?