I was listening to one of Eric Clapton's music video on "Wonderful Tonight", for the intro solo electric, what effect is he using? I'm sorry for this newbie question, I just got my first new electric and I want to play the song for my wife :P, with just the guitar, it didn't soound like it. Its like a screaming effect, which I likey likey . Thanks.
Last edited by vang0341 at Nov 5, 2009,
Such a wonderfull song Good luck finding that effect cuz i sure dont
"The difference between a man who has six children and a man who has six guitars? The man with six children KNOWS he has enough!"

AC/DC Rule and You know it!
There are no real effects as such but the intro has string bends, if that's what you mean?
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
it's a phaser or flanger atleast in the live version. post a link next time
Quote by Mikeyw1233
There are no real effects as such but the intro has string bends, if that's what you mean?

+1 Also known as vibrato
I always thought it was slight wah use in the intro
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Matt420740
+1 Also known as vibrato

Vibrato = bend?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
What I meant was that there are sting bends not vibrato but there is a lot of vibrato in that song.
vibrato=/=string bending
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
vibrato does involve bending the string but it is not called a bend,

a bend is when you bend a string to a higher note....thus creating a new note (1/4 step bends the only exception)

vibrato is rapidly the moving the string to stop the note from decaying, it`s the movement of the string that creates the note in the 1st place.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
vibrato does involve bending the string but it is not called a bend,

a bend is when you bend a string to a higher note....thus creating a new note (1/4 step bends the only exception)

vibrato is rapidly the moving the string to stop the note from decaying, it`s the movement of the string that creates the note in the 1st place.

Exactly. And there is plenty of vibrato used in that intro, along with some bends - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMuBX4aMmw&feature=related watch around :27 seconds