Page 1 of 3
Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement leaks

http://thedailyswarm.com/headlines/leaked-anti-counterfeiting-trade-agreement-threatens-destroy-internet-we-know-it-buh-bye-youtube-flickr-blogger-et-al/

ISPs have to proactively police copyright on user-contributed material. This means that it will be impossible to run a service like Flickr or YouTube or Blogger, since hiring enough lawyers to ensure that the mountain of material uploaded every second isn’t infringing will exceed any hope of profitability

This needs to be posted everywhere.

searchbar'd and nothing came up.
Last edited by thelurker at Nov 5, 2009,
Three words.

Fuck this shit.
That ISPs have to cut off the Internet access of accused copyright infringers or face liability. This means that your entire family could be denied to the internet—and hence to civic participation, health information, education, communications, and their means of earning a living—if one member is accused of copyright infringement, without access to a trial or counsel.

Whoooose Internet???

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quick, someone call the Justice League!
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
If that's true then... FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

I can't find it on any major newswebsite, though
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^ The old sig draw too much attention?

The daily swarm?

Is this some daily mail spin-off?!

WHAT IS THIS?!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Yes, from refutable news sources such as "The Daily Swarm" comes leaked information not available anywhere else.

The picture of the explosion really sells it for me.

EDIT:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Leaked+Anti-Counterfeiting+Trade+Agreement&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=642c18fb4411ca2e

It's the second news link when searched for for christ's sake, what's with you sheeple? (wanted an excuse for the use of the word "sheeple")
Last edited by bendystraw at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by IEatOrphans
Probably won't any effect on Canada, so I'm safe.

Just what I was going to say

EDIT:
Countries including Japan, Canada, South Korea, Australia as well as the European Union and U.S. have been negotiating an anticounterfeiting trade agreement (ACTA) over the past two years to combat the growing problem of counterfeit products ranging from designer clothes to downloadable music.

FUUUUUU-
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by SteveHouse
Whoooose Internet???

+1. No one owns the internet, so this kind of law would be kind of hard to enforce.

I wonder what The Pirate Bay's legal staff would say about this.
Quote by bendystraw
Yes, from refutable news sources such as "The Daily Swarm" comes leaked information not available anywhere else.

The picture of the explosion really sells it for me.

And my link from PC World?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by voteforpedro36
+1. No one owns the internet, so this kind of law would be kind of hard to enforce.

We are soooooooo fired this time!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Here's a thought. What happens if you download some MP3 files from a public Internet cafe? Does the cafe's ISP have to shut it down?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by voteforpedro36

"the government spent millions of dollars and all they got was a shitty t-shi...what?...they won...?...dammit"
you brought a hooker to church?
Don't know if it's fake, the news is all over the net.
Last edited by sergiu at Nov 5, 2009,
Can we get sauce from anyone who calls shens on this? I'd love to believe you, but it's just not happening on your word alone.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I've noticed the word Patriot is tacked on to all the laws they want to pass that the majority of the public will most definitely be against. I think its the governments way of ensuring they at least get the support of over patriotic southerners.
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
Quote by R. Shackleford.
I've noticed the word Patriot is tacked on to all the laws they want to pass that the majority of the public will most definitely be against. I think its the governments way of ensuring they at least get the support of over patriotic southerners.

It's not actually called Patriot anything, that's just a moniker progressives are tacking to it to link it with the old USA PATRIOT thingy.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

This is seriously legit. Theres gonna be serious backlash if this passes
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
I WILL NOT HAVE IT!!!!!
I WILL NOT HAVE THIS DONE TO MY INTERWEBZ!!!!!
America can do what they want with America and being an American... I still think this steps over the line the internet is a nation of it's own.

My brothers, my sisters, it is time for the interwarz.
if this passes, the common internet pirate will become a lot more familiar with encryption techniques to hide what they're passing along
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
...What the shit?

Fuck RIAA.
Fuck any bills with the word "Patriot" tacked on to them.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by R. Shackleford.

Take it from an extremely patriotic southerner, I read up on whatever I'm voting for long before I actually vote on it, although I can't vouch for everybody down here.
Also, I am very much not down with this
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Page 1 of 3