I popped the 6th string for the first time in my life today! Yes the 6th string. SCARED THE LIVING CRAP out of me. It flung up and slapped my arm.

My co-worker was laughing and we started sharing stories and he told me about one incident where he was doing a gig and the E string busted and was threaded through his cheek. OUCH. I've poked the strings before by the tuners and those little cuts hurt like hell.

I thought I'd let others share stories. I'm sure there are some good ones. Anyone ever injured someone in the audience? lol
Last edited by maverick1972 at Nov 5, 2009,
yh basically, it pinged my arm wen it broke lol. I remember a while back that some guy had cut his fingers and had to play a gig. Wen he was playin, there was blood all over the fingerboard lolol. That wud hv been cool to watch, Cant remember who said it though
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by maverick1972
We started sharing stories and he told me about one incident where he was doing a gig and the E string busted and was threaded through his cheek. OUCH. I've poked the strings before by the tuners and those little cuts hurt like hell.

I thought I'd let others share stories. I'm sure there are some good ones. Anyone ever injured someone in the audience? lol

who is he ?
Guitars:
Ibanez AW
Ibanez SA160
*K. Yairi AY-65*
Before I knew how to properly string my classical guitar, my 4th string would pop off at least once a day. It smacked my friend when he was standing next to me once.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
I broke a bass string once, yes a bass string.
EDIT: I don't if this counts, but I snaped the neck off of my les paul once. it hit my bass player in the leg, he had a nasty bruse there for a week.
Last edited by redneckrebel at Nov 6, 2009,
Quote by RoughDraft274
I'm 23, and I've been playing since I was 14 and I've never broken a single string the whole time. It kind of worries me at times that maybe I'm just not rocking hard enough.

I've broken three within the last week!
Quote by RoughDraft274
I'm 23, and I've been playing since I was 14 and I've never broken a single string the whole time. It kind of worries me at times that maybe I'm just not rocking hard enough.

Same, 30 and 9, though.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by redneckrebel
I broke a bass string once, yes a bass string.

I broke the G string on my acoustic bass once: I got kinda complacent tuning the bass and took the string for granted. I paid with a painful bruise on my wrist.
Quote by RoughDraft274

I haven't experienced that either. They only seem to snap when I tune to alternate tunings -.-
If you change strings all the time, they probably wont get worn down enough to break. But when people like me leave a set of 9's on an electric for a year constantly bending 2 whole steps there will be some breakage for sure.
You went a whole year without changing strings

Quote by edgarvanburen
I broke the G string on my acoustic bass once: I got kinda complacent tuning the bass and took the string for granted. I paid with a painful bruise on my wrist.

I broke a G string fingering A minor once . I can see people breaking a G string for a bass, but I broke the E string for mine. That takes talent my friend .
Last edited by redneckrebel at Nov 6, 2009,
i used to break alot of strings when i was using heavey sets. now i use 8's and i havnt broken any, which is weird because i exspected to be breaking more with thinner strings.lol
Quote by redneckrebel
I can see people breaking a G string for a bass, but I broke the E string for mine. That takes talent my friend .

Quote by redneckrebel
You went a whole year without changing strings

On like a practice guitar I would never even plug in.
I never had a problem getting my E to break on bass, but I was a heavy handed idiot back then in that punk/rock/prog?!? band...

Haven't broken a guitar string in a few years, yay.
I had my "G" string break on my Maton & it went through the skin of my banjo hanging up beside me. The cuts or bangs heal but a banjo skin has to be bought
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
I went out to get a new acoustic/electric and i found the perfect guitar and now i need to wait till christmas to get it. so i came home all excited about getting the new guitar and then my dad decides to tell me he broke the 1st string of my electric.....

Hell Above Earths Ground, the Saviour of the world or the destruction of it?
broke the b string lol it left a gash across my fingers

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club