Does anyone else prefer tape cassetes over ipods and mp3's? I love cd's too but idk cassetes sound like they have more bass quality on it. On mp3's you can almost never hear the bass even with bass boost. I also love to watch vhs movies the picture quality dosn't seem too unrealistic like I see the new blu rays and they make the movie look like a ****ing video game. Who else here agrees?
No. I like vintage clothes, though. Especially leather jackets.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm not much of an audiophile, I'd take 10000 decent quality songs in the same space as one tape with better quality anyday
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
^2nd Post

On topic: No. I will listen to CDs, high quality Mp3s and Vinyl, but I haven't listened to cassettes in a long time
My Gear:

Ibanez RG1570
- Dimarzio Air Norton and D-Sonic
Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition
Peavey Valveking
Roland Cube 60
Digitech Bad Monkey OD
Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
What bitrate MP3 are you listening to? 92kbps?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

FLAC / APE (losless)
Last edited by sergiu at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by SteveHouse
What bitrate MP3 are you listening to? 92kbps?

The preset conditions for importing stuff in to iTunes is 120, I didn't realise until maybe a year after I started getting CDs. Just boosting it to 320 is really noticeable

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Gotta love vintage stuff...

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
One of my prized possesions is Queen II on cassete. So yeah, I like vintage.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
My dad's car has a cassette player so whenever we're on a long journey I have to listen to a cassette, they're quite nice, but as they're that old they're a bit messed.

Though if I'm at home or anything, I'll be listening off my computer, which were from CDs.

Though Vintage is better in a lot of things (guitar shizz, clothing/clothes styles, etc) I just don't think it's very efficient to still use Cassette, though it is a lot more efficient than Vinyl.
Quote by MushroomBomb
The preset conditions for importing stuff in to iTunes is 120, I didn't realise until maybe a year after I started getting CDs. Just boosting it to 320 is really noticeable

yeah I did that too, and at 320, the music sounds fine, or... good enough at least
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I'm not into cassetes, I use my ipod alot too. But I'll be damned if I stop buying CDs. I buy them for sound quality, not to support the artist, or the label, for QUALITY.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by MushroomBomb

I set it to 320 too, 192 at the lowest.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Tapes are the worst recording format ever. Hissy, noisy, and prone to getting eaten by the playing device. You could make the argument for vinyl, but not cassette tapes.
Hi, I'm Peter
I love boutique vintage stuff. My custom shop 60s relic strat pwns.

I was in a record shop today and I was looking at the records. I'm planning on buying a record player.
aye, i'm not a fan of mp3s and stuff like that. but as pete says, tapes were hardly ideal, the machine would chew them up, if you left them in the sun they'd chew up, etc. etc. CDs were probably the best of both worlds in terms of ease of use but still having decent sound quality. or maybe minidiscs, but then about 4 people bought them.

I don't need to listen to music on the move, so the ability to store tons of tracks in a small space of time doesn't really affect me. I could understand how you might love mp3s if that were important, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
8 Tracks are where it's really at man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I use tapes to record little riffs and things sometimes when I really need to, but other than that I don't prefer them for listening as they usually sound too tinny and lack clarity.
Cassette tapes as a medium are pretty shit. They don't have a large capacity, the quality isn't great and they tend to deteriorate over time. The Vinyl Record is not only older, but better in terms of sound reproduction.

However, I think the cassette should get credit for being a pioneering medium in the portable music culture.