Hey guys,

there's a variety show coming up at my school. I'm already taking part in a Blues Brothers tribute, as a guitarist (Soul Man, Everybody needs somebody to love)

I'm also to do Black Dog by Led Zeppelin - me and my friend, (guitar and bass) witha female singer. I've only her heard her sing like modern female singers (Cheryl Cole and stuff) but she's a big fan of rock.

Do you think we could pull this off with a female singer? Only thing is I'm worried about what the audience will think? Like because the lyrics are sung from a man's point of view? I dunno, what do you think?

Thanks,
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Ever hear of Lez Zeppelin? I'd be more worried about not having a drummer.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
That song is a total mess for guitar even WITH a drummer. I think it'd sound way too jumbled timing-wise without one.
Hey, I'm Mike.
black dog without a drummer? Sounds like a pretty bad idea man. The fact that a woman is singing the lyrics is only the icing on the cake (in the worst way possible)
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Hmm...well we might be able to get a drummer...I know a few. Is Black Dog hard on drums? I've got no idea about drums
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

It's just strange for any instrument. The guitar is playing in 5/8 time, and the drums are in 4/4.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Well would it be difficult for a drummer friend of mine to learn the drums? or just make some up that go with it or something?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Hmm, yeah I've heard of the Heart one before, I looked that up when I first got the idea, but thanks anyway

Well, I know that version's a female vocalist but I dunno, cause' we're 14 it seems a bit weird. And also having to recruit a drummer who is serious about learning might be difficult for me.

My main aim is to enter this show with a well known rock song. I'm thinking of maybe doing Baba O' Riley (Teenage Wasteland) by The Who instead. I think it might be slightly more suited to her voice as well.

Could we do this easily without the drums? or do you think we really need them? Look, if you can think of another WELL KNOWN rock song to do, then please just give me your ideas. It has to be something at least the adult audience will largely know. Thanks
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Do a Bob Dylan song.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA