Pretty much just what it says in the title. Is this amp, link below, actually 400 watts. It says it is but I am wondering if it's like Behringer where it's not the actual watts they post.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Tour-TKO-115-400W-1x15-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=582111
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I would assume so, Peavey aren't normally a brand to use peak wattage. Have you checked other sites?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Probably the head runs at 400 and the cab at 200 or something...just a guess, though. And its a good deal either way. You can bring it to practice as a combo and add a 2x10 at gigs or something.

EDIT: Talkbass (ehhehehe....) says its 200 watts rms.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by c3powil
Probably the head runs at 400 and the cab at 200 or something...just a guess, though. And its a good deal either way. You can bring it to practice as a combo and add a 2x10 at gigs or something.

EDIT: Talkbass (ehhehehe....) says its 200 watts rms.

so pretty much it'll be like a 200 watt combo unless I hook up an external cab?
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

Yup. All combo amps that i can think of with the ability to support an extra cabinet will advertise the wattage with an extension cab.

so about 200 watts rms alone and 400 watts with extension.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
allright cool, thanks guys