Poll: Renegade or Rebel 30 (heads or combos)
Poll Options
View poll results: Renegade or Rebel 30 (heads or combos)
Renegade
6 67%
Rebel 30
3 33%
Voters: 9.
Thinking about these two egnaters. Both relatively portable. Both two channels and both have fx loops.

But we are talking about sound. Which has more tweakabilty and better overall drive and clean sounds. And what do you like and dislike about the amps.

thanks guys
( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote by SLonergan
Can I get a woot woot?

...No? Whatever.
oh ya post a reply and say your opnion
( )( )

Quote by SLonergan
Can I get a woot woot?

...No? Whatever.
read the rules please. since your a new I"ll let you off. but no vs. threads anymore please.

Renegade by a mile imo the 20 and 30 are great small gigging and practcie amps thats about it though
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
this isnt the kind of vs. thread that isnt allowed. he is trying to choose between 2 amps. its not like "k guyz liek wich ampz do i git? marshall or femdor? klol"

id go for the renegade. from what ive seen, its just a beefed up version of the rebel. louder, better cleans, better od
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
this isnt the kind of vs. thread that isnt allowed. he is trying to choose between 2 amps. its not like "k guyz liek wich ampz do i git? marshall or femdor? klol"

id go for the renegade. from what ive seen, its just a beefed up version of the rebel. louder, better cleans, better od

not actually.... this IS plain VS.

if he had said "im buying a new amp. my budget is (so-and-so) and my playing style is (like-such) and im using (such) guitar and using (such) pedals. what do you guys recommend?", it would be better.

TS, please edit the OP and AT LEAST state your budget and playing style before the mods come and ban you...
Quote by Bostonrocks
read the rules please. since your a new I"ll let you off. but no vs. threads anymore please.

Renegade by a mile imo the 20 and 30 are great small gigging and practcie amps thats about it though

I'm pretty sure that this kind of vs. thread is allowed...he's narrowed it down to two amps and he wants to know what is better. Granted, he should just go try them out side by side, but he wants our opinions, I don't see how this is really against the rules. I always thought the no vs. thread applied more to the Pit or B&A and people ask "which band do you think is better" or "Do you prefer sandwich A or sandwich B", not in GG&A when someone is trying to decide on an amp.

You can infer his budget from the amps he has already stated he wants to get, the renegade is almost $1200, so I would guess that's his budget if you want to suggest something
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Well whatever I save up, my parents said they would match, I have almost 400 right now and I made that in like a couple of months. I still have 6 months until graduation and ya. I play everything with the word rock or metal in it.... sooo.... Any way, ya I think Id choose the renegade over the rebel. Have you seen the Vox Ac100cph though? Thats 600 compared to 1000 for the renegade, which to you think is better? THanks for the help and sorry I couldnt reply Ive been off for awhile and yes I am a thread noob
( )( )

Quote by SLonergan
Can I get a woot woot?

...No? Whatever.
Wow i was no lie looking at these two amps like 5 seconds ago, I think i might end up with the renegade, its got more options on it and its not too much more expensive.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by thrasher.
You can get the Renegade from Musicians Friend for 20% off which is $800.

Oh cool! Its either the Renegade or Vox ac100/50 cph for me. Gonna get an Avatar 212 cab with 1 vintage 30 and 1 G12t75 (or whatever its called, the thing in good marshall cabs)
( )( )

Quote by SLonergan
Can I get a woot woot?

...No? Whatever.
If you're gonna purely depend on your amp for distortion... you want the Rebel 20... you'll lose your hearing if you gonna push the 30 or the renegade for distortion.

Yes... this is a vs thread, because you're asking people to compare and contrast 2 amps. You'd need to tell us what YOU like about the ams then ask us for opinions, if you're considering between 2 amps. Otherwise... asking for pros vs cons of 2 amps is still a vs thread regardless.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
Well the renegade might be two expensive, I have a thread asking about either the dual terror or the rebel 30
( )( )

Quote by SLonergan
Can I get a woot woot?

...No? Whatever.
rock? metal?

You sir need a Mesa Boogie Rectoverb, pick one up from ebay and enjoy. It has great distortion tones to it with definitely enough gain for metal with nice cleans to match.

I can't speak for the Egnaters though since i haven't tried any.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...