I can get a guitar for my birthday and was wondering which i should get. Right now my eyes are set on the Jackson JS30 Kelly(http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-JS30KE-Kelly-Electric-Guitar-868289-i1445395.gc) but ive been thinking about the Dean Dimebag Dime-o-Flage(http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Dimebag-Dime-o-Flage-Snow-Camo-Electric-Guitar-103933255-i1147922.gc). I dont really care for brands as long as the guitar is as metal as possible for my money. The highest my parents will pay is $300 id appreciate any ones help or opinions
PS the nearest guitar center is a few hours away and my local music store is horrible, so please dont ask me to try them out.
Quote by Metalhead510
I can get a guitar for my birthday and was wondering which i should get. Right now my eyes are set on the Jackson JS30 Kelly(http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-JS30KE-Kelly-Electric-Guitar-868289-i1445395.gc) but ive been thinking about the Dean Dimebag Dime-o-Flage(http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Dimebag-Dime-o-Flage-Snow-Camo-Electric-Guitar-103933255-i1147922.gc). I dont really care for brands as long as the guitar is as metal as possible for my money. The highest my parents will pay is $300 id appreciate any ones help or opinions
PS the nearest guitar center is a few hours away and my local music store is horrible, so please dont ask me to try them out.

Is this in addition to what you are paying? Or are they buying your guitar for you? If the latter is the case, gtfo. If not, Ibanez RGs or the Xiphos are good for metal.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
Is this in addition to what you are paying? Or are they buying your guitar for you? If the latter is the case, gtfo. If not, Ibanez RGs or the Xiphos are good for metal.

So your parents have never bought you a birthday present?
washburns are fantastic for the price...just replace the pickups and you'll be set
Quote by dayzofdesire

Broken nose at a Skindred show and a chipped tooth at As I Lay Dying...

Quote by Capitalistklok

nice. and brutal.
RG2ex1? I think those go for $300. Otherwise checked the used market. You can get a killer guitar for $300...
Have you tried either of them?
This space has been intentionally left blank.
Ibanez is good for metal, especially the RG's. If it were me i would look for a new or used one u should be able to find one in that price range.
Any guitar can play any genre. As long as it has humbuckers in it you 'll be fine. I'd say go try some out at a store.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by smartalec007

Get off your high horse or gtfo, who cares if his parents buy him a guitar how does that make less of a guitarist ****ing prick.

And ts do you know what you in the guitar? Like type of bridge, no. of frets, neck joint, body shape, or any other preferences.
if you have some experience modding or would like to learn, i suggest get a $99 squire or the like, and put some emgs in it. should cost around $315. also maybe do something like this guy . he gave his squire horns, scallops, and an emg, turned out good
Last edited by distortion896 at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by smartalec007

**** you. If you read the whole post instead of what you wanted to read, you'd see that it's a birthday present.

TS- Ibanez fixed bridge RG's are pretty good in this range. If you can scrape together $50 of your own money, you can get an RGA32 which is a fantastic metal guitar for little money
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARGA32
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
I use a Peavy Predator w/ tremalo and I have to say I'm very satisfied with it. The Ibanez RG is pretty good to.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by potatohead_33
Ibanez RG321

YES!! this guy is smart
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
ibanez's are NEVER a bad option. and RG's are the axe of choice for MANY MANY metal/shred guys.

forget the kelly, dont even think about the dean. if you have to have a crazy shape, get the xiphos or the V..

Quality control in order from best to worst = IBANEZ, Jackson, and lastly dean.
ya know, not many 14 year olds can buy an expensive guitar. besides, its MY birthday and this is all im getting so **** off
look on craigslist or ebay, or even the used gear section on guitar center. if you dont want to buy used though then an Ibanez would probably be your best choice.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
You DON'T want a trem on a guitar in this price range dude. A fixed bridge Ibanez RG is your best option, the RG2EX1 is pretty good. Or if you don't give a damn about looks then the RG321.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Ibanez would suit you but also look at the low end Cort range. Their X-2 plays really well for the price and Quality control is among the best.

What amp are you using?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at Nov 6, 2009,
I agree with everyone about the RGR321EX, its a great guitar for the price, you can get it for around 250 or maybe even cheaper if you tried ebay. Its got a fixed bridge which is awsome if you hate the messing around of the trem, which is the same as how i feel (i have an RG with a trem, it takes a while to restring and i messed it up the first time coz im an idiot)
GEAR :

Ibanez SA260FM
Burswood Strat Copy
Marshall GV-2 Distortion
Crate FlexWave 120 Amp

im using a johnson reptone 15 its pretty shitty but i also have a cool cats metal 2 dis. pedal which is pretty good. i plan on getting a better amp 4 xmas though
Its the amp, not the guitar you need. You can play metal on an acoustic electric if you play with gain..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by Metlhead443
**** you. If you read the whole post instead of what you wanted to read, you'd see that it's a birthday present.

TS- Ibanez fixed bridge RG's are pretty good in this range. If you can scrape together $50 of your own money, you can get an RGA32 which is a fantastic metal guitar for little money
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARGA32

dont mean anything
some people actually pool in some money for their b'day present in order to get a better one
doesnt mean he cannot add
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
Its the amp, not the guitar you need. You can play metal on an acoustic electric if you play with gain..

the thing is, my bridge broke because my brother wanted to see how far the tremelo bar would go down, its always going out of tune(and i take good care of it), the strings are old as hell and to top it all off this is like a $50 begginer guitar. besides im getting a better amp 4 xmas + i have a pretty good dist. pedal
Washburn WM24V or WM24 (V has Floyd Rose).

Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by '93
dont mean anything
some people actually pool in some money for their b'day present in order to get a better one
doesnt mean he cannot add

i dont think the $10 i own will help much toward a guitar. im 14 btw, so i cant get a job anytime soon
you can check out some schecters too. i think they are good for metal/rock, and ive played plenty of em to know that they hold up pretty well. i prefer them to ibanez, but its all preference. i believe schecter omens go for around 300$. maybe a schecter damien? i have a damien and i loved the tone i got with it, and i generally play metal. so thats another choice?
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Any guitar can play metal. Not just guitars with humbuckers. Its about how you shape your sound. Strats can play heavier stuff. As can any guitar with either high output pups or a high gain amp.

Your situation however makes it difficult to tell you what to get. Since you can't go to the gc or another shop, you'll have to rely on the cliche metal guitars, rather than feeling out what feels right in your hands. Maybe a thin Wizard neck won't feel as nice as a chunkier les paul neck or strat/tele neck. Without playing it, you might as well base it on which one looks the best to you.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
I'm jumpin' on the Ibanez boat. Very versatile, and the affordable one's are still great gits.
Quote by Grindar
Said "mmmmgrbllll?", and proceed to fornicate with the omelets.

Quote by magnus_maximus
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or ejaculate.
The entry level Ibanez or Jackson should fit your metal needs for now. Once you play for a bit and learn what you want and to look for in a guitar, you'll get an intermediate level instrument, and eventually a top of the line model.

I say go for the Jackson, but thats just my bias.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by OctoberWind
Any guitar can play metal. Not just guitars with humbuckers. Its about how you shape your sound. Strats can play heavier stuff. As can any guitar with either high output pups or a high gain amp.

Your situation however makes it difficult to tell you what to get. Since you can't go to the gc or another shop, you'll have to rely on the cliche metal guitars, rather than feeling out what feels right in your hands. Maybe a thin Wizard neck won't feel as nice as a chunkier les paul neck or strat/tele neck. Without playing it, you might as well base it on which one looks the best to you.

ive convinced my lazy parents to take me to the closest guitar center(like an hour away) but im not sure if they have some of the stuff everyone has suggested. ima try as much guitars as i can though 2 see which is best 4 me
dont get an ibanez, they're poorly made widdle-sticks, dean dimeoflage is a solid choice, id sell you mine if you were local, epiphones are very good, once you upgrade the pickups
Quote by Creeping_Kwano
dont get an ibanez, they're poorly made widdle-sticks, dean dimeoflage is a solid choice, id sell you mine if you were local, epiphones are very good, once you upgrade the pickups

For the Necro bump

For the suggestion