First off, this setup is strictly for fun and will never be used live

I am looking for an amp that I can play my guitar AND bass through with a pod. I was originally thinking a keyboard amp for the highs. Then I found the Fender Rumble 100 and since it has a tweeter it got me thinking. My bass is a 5 string so the lower it can go the better (plus for fender) but it has to get pretty high to sound decent with my guitar (plus for keyboard amp).

Opinions? How bad is the piezo tweeter in the rumble?
My budget is around $250, used is ok with me, and it needs to be able to get over a drummer.
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Squire?! Now I've seen everything except a bi-sexual transexual stripper doing a lapdance to an elephant inside a submarine...
Keyboard amplifiers (good ones, that is) have a wide range response and are usually designed to work with stereo inputs from a keyboard. You can use a mono setup, but you won't get the most out of the amp. Go with a bass amp. It won't be the best thing with a guitar, but both should sound a lot better than going through a keyboard amplifier.
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Nov 5, 2009,
Honestly? I love the tone of a guitar through a bass amp. I'd go with a bass amp myself.
bass amp. get one with smaller speakers, like 10's, so it retains the highs, and of course, the tweeter.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by anarkee
Honestly? I love the tone of a guitar through a bass amp. I'd go with a bass amp myself.

I think it depends on the amplifier. I've heard a guy play a Les Paul through an old Ampeg SVT and it sounded great. I don't know how a guitar would sound through a very transparent solid-state amplifier, though. I suppose it is all a matter of personal taste.
Thanks for all the advice, I'll go with a bass amp. Any recommendations other than the rumble 100 for around $250? Ampeg ba115?
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Squire?! Now I've seen everything except a bi-sexual transexual stripper doing a lapdance to an elephant inside a submarine...
Last edited by bonehead848 at Nov 6, 2009,
my guitarist likes the sound of his guitar through my Acoustic AB50. with the double inputs, you could even have both running and tap a bassline on one and a guitar part on the other.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
go for the bass amp, and start mucking around with it with the guitar, i know Kyuss did this and their guitar sounds are just some of the best i have ever heard they are just so deep and evil sounding.

Orange Crush 35B's are pretty good with guitars if your looking at small inexpensive amps.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I play my Ibanez prestige rg2610 through my peavey tko 65. i find the bright switch and presence knob to be very important for guitar. It's a 1x12 with no tweeter. maybe you could try to find something similiar.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
if you're playing a guitar with heavy distortion, it'll sound great through a bass amp.

otherwise, proper eq-ing will probably fix whatever problems guitar+bass amp presents you
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Bass amp man, i play guitar through a bass amp and it sounds lovely, course you wont have the built in reverb or distortion channels but you can get pedals. And to be honest it may be a good thing to not have access to distortion, makes your playing much cleaner.
Quote by bonehead848
Thanks for all the advice, I'll go with a bass amp. Any recommendations other than the rumble 100 for around $250? Ampeg ba115?
The Ampeg is a great bass amp, but sounds like shit for guitar.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea