Anybody seen that Kevin Jonas has a Gibson Dark Fire, possibly the greatest Gibson guitar of our time, in the Fly With Me video? I'm not a fan of them or anything but I saw the striking red glow of that thing in the video and I endured the whole four minutes just to see that guitar once again.

I mean holy shit it's got acoustic capability, it's got those beautiful acrylic block inlays, it can play in pretty much every tone ever heard to mankind and has nearly limitless MIDI capabilities. And they use it for what? 5 chords played over and over in a song?.

I haven't even seen Steve Vai or Guthrie Govan, or anyone like that playing a thing like this; and I find it ridiculous the Jonas Brothers waste such an instrument in pop songs.
They have the money for it, so it's theirs.

Steve Vai and Guthrie Govan get custom guitars made by some of the finest luthiers in the world. They don't need a Gibson Dark Fire.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I felt the same way when i saw the paramore guitarist showing off his gibson black beauty (i think it was a gibson black beauty, dont remember well)

Quote by Bizarro
Sorry, but its true.
Quote by Zalanzandar
Anybody seen that Kevin Jonas has a Gibson Dark Fire, possibly the greatest Gibson guitar of our time, in the Fly With Me video? I'm not a fan of them or anything but I saw the striking red glow of that thing in the video and I endured the whole four minutes just to see that guitar once again.

I mean holy shit it's got acoustic capability, it's got those beautiful acrylic block inlays, it can play in pretty much every tone ever heard to mankind and has nearly limitless MIDI capabilities. And they use it for what? 5 chords played over and over in a song?.

I haven't even seen Steve Vai or Guthrie Govan, or anyone like that playing a thing like this; and I find it ridiculous the Jonas Brothers waste such an instrument in pop songs.

What's wrong with pop music?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by FrehleyCarr
I felt the same way when i saw the paramore guitarist showing off his gibson black beauty (i think it was a gibson black beauty, dont remember well)

well at least the guys in paramore can play. they were ridiculously tight live when i saw them on sunday.
Quote by Zalanzandar

Steve Vai & Guthrie Govan generally prefer plain electrics, usually with a Floyd Rose.

Plus, Acoustic Electrics have always appealed to Pop guitarists. That and the cheaper Strats. Not that Pop Guitarists do justice to either instrument.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 5, 2009,
While I do believe that they don't NEED it, that doesn't mean they can't have it. I'm fairly certain Disney supplies all of it's musicians with the latest Gibsons and Fenders. Besides, you never know, they might actually put it to good use.
/optimism
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Yeah someone just buys them nice looking guitars and hands them one 5 minutes before they start shooting.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

It's not Pop music... Just the Jonas Brothers...
Quote by Zalanzandar

Well take a look at this.

At first, I though it was ridiculous, but he really does use these frets. For example, in his Jemini video on youtube.
Last edited by kevC4 at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Nothing is wrong with it. UG just hates the music because the joe bro's get more ass than a toilet seat. Most are metal heads and hate the soft music.

Gotta admit, they do dress gay.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by kevC4

At first, I though it was ridiculous, but he really does use these frets. For example, in his Jemini video on youtube.

damn you beat me to it. that shit is awesome though, if it does work.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by kevC4

holy sh!t, how does he ever hit the right notes? Steve Vai must be a god.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Quote by RPBiohazard

Careful, guys, she might be a pitophile

you misspelled pedophile

Quote by Garou1911
^