I'm looking to get a Reverb and Chorus pedal but i'm not in the know of which ones to look at. Price isn't really a concern but I would ideally like to spend under $300 AUD per pedal if possible

I play Post Hardcore/Metalcore kind of stuff and would be looking to get a similar sound to recent Underoath and early Escape The Fate.

I've been looking at an Electro Harmonix Nano Holy Grail and a Tonerider Super Lush Chorus but if anyone has any other/better suggestions please let me know!

Thanks
for a start, order from the US. I bought a Tech 21 Boost DLA v2, would have cost me $500 in Australia but it cost me $250 incl. postage.
^ yeah i've considered that but I have some local guys who can get stuff in for me on the cheap and I like to help out the local guys anyways

EDIT: Like the avatar been getting into Lungs they are a bit of alright
Yo Chris. i see my NGD has turned on the gas. don't buy the nano holy grail. pretty shocking when i played it. the only reverbs that i could find for around that price which were any good were the holy grail plus which is world better then the normal holy grail and the trex tonebug that i got. the spring reverb on both pedals are good but the holy grail has these shitty other room, hall and flerb modes which i didn't like but you might.

i don't really use chours pedals but my small clone works well enough and you should be able to get it well bellow $300. good luck with the search bro.

also just order from america, a holy grail + will cost just over $200 from america but you will be hard pressed to find it much less then $350 in shops here.
fair enough then if it's gonna be that much of a difference it's worth it haha yeah I have been looking at the T Rex pedals they seems very nice. I want a nice smooth chorus for ambient style cleans mixed with a touch of reverb and a chorus will overall clean up the cleans on my 6505+ anyway

EDIT: any opinions on the Tonerider Super Lush Chorus or possibly a small clone?
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Nov 5, 2009,
Chorus...

Have you tried the Red Witch Empress yet?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Chorus...

Have you tried the Red Witch Empress yet?

No I haven't unfortunately the lack of decent pedals in Oz is disturbing. I've heard good things about Red Witch though I know a store that stocks a few models don't know about the chorus though
there is a store called global vintage
www.globalvintage.com.au
maybe have a drive down there. if you want one day next week after i finish my exams i can take you down parramatta road to all the guitar stores if you don't know where they are. they carry the some tonerider pedals and a whole heap of stuff you can't find at most places.
^ yeah Joe I know most of them down parramatta road, the most noteable being Downtown Music at Annandale. My 2 other stores are Turramurra music and River Music in Windsor
Quote by AxSilentxLine
No I haven't unfortunately the lack of decent pedals in Oz is disturbing. I've heard good things about Red Witch though I know a store that stocks a few models don't know about the chorus though

Its one of the best chorus pedals around.

The Red Witch Empress is the one pedal which single-pedaledly convinced that less can be more.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
i was just reading up on those red witch pedals and they look awsome. who would have known something good could have come from New Zealand. This place looks pretty cheap if you want one and they have free shipping
http://ponymusic.com.au/Featured-Brands/Red-Witch-Analog
God damn it more pedals to intrigue me.
You can get a great reverb pedal from the states for cheaper than in Australia. I didn't like any of the Holy Grail pedals myself. Look into the Malekko Spring Chricken or the Tech 21 Boost RVB.
As for a chorus pedal, I have no idea. My favourite chorus at the moment is the MXR stereo chorus, but I haven't played that many chorus pedals.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.