I'm currently trying to use VST plugins to enhance my own personal recordings. I have Cockos EZDrummer, and the Drumkit From Hell expansion set, as well as Absynth 3, but now I'm trying to find a decent VST plugin that will give me a half-decent sounding grand piano effect. If any know of a piano plugin that is free, that's always a plus, but cost is not a huge deal.

I'm currently using Reaper as my DAW and using guitar pro's drum transcription capability to create midi drum tracks that EZDrummer then enhances. If there is anyway that I could even import the exact midi sound of the "Acoustic Grand Piano" instrument from guitar pro into Reaper, that would be perfect.

I'd appreciate any insight that could be shed on the subject, and thanks in advance.

Please remember, I'm still learning about plugins, so any basic information that anyone would like to shed would be great as well.
Look around the Riffs & Recordings section on info about VSTis. True pianos, (Available with Sonar Producer or Studio 8) is an outstanding VST and I just can't keep myself away from using it. I wish I had the cash for the full version though lol.
Quote by Holy Katana
I think Native Instruments makes a good one. I forgot what it was called, though.

Akoustik Piano. It's great.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

seconding this.

and with my experience, it's best to just mess around with everything and have a nice assortment of plugins depending on the sound.
Quote by Xiaoxi

Thirding this.

I have some demos of it on my profile. Check Requiem (ignore the fuzz n' crap) and Unintended
Quote by amaranth_todd
Thirding this.

I have some demos of it on my profile. Check Requiem (ignore the fuzz n' crap) and Unintended

Noice.

I have a pirated copy for OSX, and unfortunately I can't find any working VST/AU's for my DAW's.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana