I have a tiny question about these. I know what there for and all, but im asking primerally about the 1SPOT thing.
It can power these daisy chains, but its says its just a regular nine volt power cable.
So does this mean that i can just buy a daisy chain and hook it up to my regular 9volt power cable? or is the 1SPOT specifically built to power all those when hooked to a daisy chain and built not to kill a single pedal when only hooked up to it?
I would rather buy a $10 daisy chain instead of the $50 or so 1SPOT package.
Any help is appreciated.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
yeah you need to buy the power supply. The regular one you have can only supply so much power. you need to buy the power supply or else it'll overheat and die.
Quote by greennblue10
yeah you need to buy the power supply. The regular one you have can only supply so much power. you need to buy the power supply or else it'll overheat and die.

ok thank you
thats what i thought but you know i had to come to the almighty UG Forums to get me straight
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
^^^Correct.

What you need to be concerned with is ma (milliamps).

If the power supply you're using is rated to a few hundred ma, then all you can power is a few hundred ma worth of pedals.

The individual pedals will (usually) show a ma draw.

If you have a 100 ma, 150 ma, and 250 ma pedal chain, then the power supply needs at least 500 ma.

Best to play it safe and don't cut it so close, though.
anyone know how to eliminate the noise daisy chains can create? or anyone no any good 9v adapters?
Quote by donni69
anyone know how to eliminate the noise daisy chains can create? or anyone no any good 9v adapters?

Try a Voodoo labs PP, DNA Mr. 8, T-Rex Fuel Tank, or Dunlop DC brick.

The entire reason for these is to eliminate daisy chaining, thus eliminating noise.

Daisy chains = noise, end of story.

Some pedals behave with them, some don't.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Not really. I run 9 pedals of off 2 daisy chains, no real noticeable noise.

I have 5 on 1 with pretty much no noise. If I boost the shit out of more than one it gets noisy but that's to be expected.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by kyle62
I bought a cheap power supply and 5-connector 9V daisy chain for a total of about £8. Works perfectly.

I've been doing this too, but I recently read about pedals and adapters overheating when the mA isn't matched properly, so I just ordered the 1 spot adapter last night. Better safe than sorry, for $20.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I've been doing this too, but I recently read about pedals and adapters overheating when the mA isn't matched properly, so I just ordered the 1 spot adapter last night. Better safe than sorry, for $20.

That's it; as long as it's not ludicrously expensive there's no harm in buying the best quality you can afford. It'll last a lot longer if you're gigging too.
Quote by kyle62
That's it; as long as it's not ludicrously expensive there's no harm in buying the best quality you can afford. It'll last a lot longer if you're gigging too.

Ya, I'm at 5 pedals now, so when I want another one I will be looking at a Pedal Power or something like it, but until then this will be fine.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!