I've been thinking about buying this tuner, but I'm kind of confused with it's capabilities. Does a chromatic tuner allow you to tune any string to any note? I have two tuners right now and they only tune my guitar to standard. :\

Anyway, here is the tuner, I'd appreciate if one of you guys could tell me if this thing can do what I need it to. I'd like to play in drop C and maybe some other funky tunings.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-PWCT09-Universal-II-Chromatic-Tuner?sku=210107
Chromatic tuners simply tell you what note they are hearing. They're not string specific like many guitar tuners are, so if you wanna drop your sixth down to C, get your tuner ready, and just keep loosening the string until your chromatic tuner tells you it's a C note that it's hearing. Easy as pie.

Also, I recommend buying a Korg CA-30 Chromatic Tuner. It's worth the extra 7 or 8 bucks that you'll be shelling out for it.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
CHromatic tuner you could tune your guitar from drop Gsharpe to open F tunning so pretty much yeah you can tune any string to what you want!
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Glad I could help.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Chromatic tuner is different in that it tunes anything (instrument) to any note. Not just to the notes on a guitar. It could tune-a-fish if it made a sound.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘