Well I'm up doing homework and my mix is supposed to go up today, so here you go.

http://8tracks.com/jmadrid19/jmadrid19-s-november-2009-mix

Deceased-Silent Creatures. Badass band from Virginia that I've been listening to for awhile now, they used to be more death metal oriented but slowly became thrashier and more melodic, and this is the middle ground between the two periods, and one of their best albums in my opinion. It's about Night of the living Dead for Christsake, of course it's badass.

Illdisposed-Near the Gates. Hopefully you catch the At the Gates pun. This is just awesome groovy melodic death metal (nothing like say In Flames, I like them but this guys are much heavier in my opinion). Been pushing them for awhile now, and if you don't bang your head to the catchy as hell riffs then you need help. The groovy riff a minute in is one of my favorite riffs ever.

Abramelin-Invocation. VG told me about this band, and they are just straight-up kick ass death metal from aussie who wrote some catchy riffs that still managed to retain a level of aggression and heaviness of old school death metal. So bang your head, the drums at the beginning demand it.

Blind Illusion-Death Noise. Little change of pace here, Larry Lalonde and Les Claypool were in this band who recorded one album (Sane Asylum) back in 88 and haven't done anything since, but boy was this album awesome, great guitar playing and bass of course, but it just has this flow to it really makes it shine, fantastic instrumental intro here, enjoy.

Serpens Aeon-Forsaken thy God. Picking up the pace again, pretty much this band reminds me of The Chasm, and the chasm kick ass, so start headbanging again because this song doesn't let up on you.

Repugnant-Draped in Cerecloth. Nope the brutality doesn't stop yet, MH Drunk made a thread on these guys awhile back, don't know how many of you all checked them out, but if you didn't here you are now, fantastic death metal from 06.

Liege Lord-Master Control. Now we get into the odd section of the playlist, the singer reminds me of Bruce Dickinson in a good way, and here's just a good slab of old school power metal to get your victory fist in the air.

Vicious Rumors-Minute to Kill. I haven't heard this band's newer releases although I've heard that their latest was excellent, anyways, Carl Albert was an awesome singer who will be missed, so do yourself a favor and check this awesome band out.

Vortex-Rise, Shine & Fall. A little band I found while looking around the metal archives, and wow am I glad I found this band, it's got great riffs, great solos, and great vocals, and just a badass atmosphere, excellent heavy metal from gasp 2003.

Tribulation-Crypt of Thanatophilia. Here's the finale, and what better way to end than with some relentless death metal from 09, definitely an impressive debut from these Swedes, and if your neck isn't sore yet, it will be, the second I heard these guys it just clicked and there I was blasting this awesomness for everyone to hear.

All right if the descriptions suck, give me a break it's one in the morning and I'm doing homework, but listen to the music and I hope that you enjoyed it.

NOV 06 The Virtuoso
NOV 13 AnnihiSlateR
NOV 20 Scout1011
NOV 27 vanshaya
DEC 04 MoogleRancha
DEC 11 eazy-c
DEC 18 woodenbandman
Christmas Day Special Cianyx
New Years Day Special Psychopathology
JAN 8 piratemetalhead
JAN 15 \Powerslave/
JAN 22 Scourge441
JAN 29 Lappo
FEB 5 CG Man
FEB 12 VampireGoldfish
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Nov 8, 2009,
Sounds pretty cool. Haven't heard of any cept Illdisposed
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Cianyx
Sounds pretty cool. Haven't heard of any cept Illdisposed

This and Serpens Aeon.

Will be checking out later today.
Philosophy > Life
Never heard Liege Lord......would definitely have picked a different Deceased song!

Dont really like Illdisposed....Every thing else is pretty much top notch, great list.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Yeah, Illdisposed are the oddballs out, I know they aren't as heavy so to speak as the others, but the riffs are just so damn groovy and catchy that I had to put one song. Serpens Aeon has one album from 03, haven't done anything since, but it's some quality death metal in my opinion.

I'm curious as to what song or from what album you would have taken a Deceased song Stranglehold? Fearless Undead Machines was the first album I heard from them so it's got nostalgia on its side, I like all of them though, they're very consistent.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Oh joy, no sarcasm needed. Have not heard of any of these bands...have strayed away from death metal. What can I say Virtuoso, you got me in the mood.

What can I say other than this is absolutely brilliant stuff, Deceased to start off was beyond awesome. Loved them, so far so good...and only the first song. Especially loved the vocals, and the riffs..and the drumming. Works so very well together.

Illdisposed was pretty cool. Only caught the last like...2 minutes. The vocals were ok, really enjoyed the gutteral parts, just really good.

Abramelin...well, they were good. Vocals were class, really solid riffing. A little too raw though at parts, could've used a bit more touching up to say the least. Still very good.

Blind Illusion was killer. Seriously killer. When the vocals came in a bit later in the song than i'd expected, it was a nice surprise. I figured that it was gonna be an instrumental, but still great stuff.

Serpens Aeon...was good as well. Nothing really to say about this song or the next one, from Repugnant.

But...Liege Lord was fucking awesome. Easily my favourite on the list. Just...awesome.

Vicious rumors was badass, that first OH YEEAAAHH just made it for me. Second favourite!

EDIT: Forgot Vortex for some reason I thought the list was done...it was a nice surprise as well. Really cool, just straight up power encompassed into a shard of time.

EDIT#2: Ok, I forgot about Tribulation as well...i've actually heard of this band. Really cool stuff. Loved the vocals, really fast paced, good enough for a thorough listening to in the future.

Great list
Last edited by severed-metal at Nov 6, 2009,
Deceased - Pretty good i could hear lots of different things there. bits that sound like very early dream theater, bits that sound like testament, the vocals remind me of venom, and even a bit of Nocturnus. yet dispite this they never sound like there ripping off. very good indeed.

I did have comments for the rest of them, but they were all along the lines of. 'pretty good' and 'a bit boring' ect. so ive not bothered.

a decent effort. considering its not usually to my taste
Glad you enjoyed it Severed, and yes Liege Lord is indeed badass.

Well you can't please everyone, thanks for listening though AnnihiSlateR.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Tribulation!!!!!
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
I had repugnant and tribulation on my last one too!

That's actually the same tribulation song
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
^ Didn't even notice man, good taste. Next time I'll change it up some more.
Quote by Senor Kristian
It's alright man, they rule

Sign me up for the next available spot.

Edit: Dude, crypt of thanatophilia (or however the hell you spell it) was my last song too
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last edited by CG Man16 at Nov 6, 2009,
Haha, that's awesome man, and signed up.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
Yeah, Illdisposed are the oddballs out, I know they aren't as heavy so to speak as the others, but the riffs are just so damn groovy and catchy that I had to put one song. Serpens Aeon has one album from 03, haven't done anything since, but it's some quality death metal in my opinion.

I'm curious as to what song or from what album you would have taken a Deceased song Stranglehold? Fearless Undead Machines was the first album I heard from them so it's got nostalgia on its side, I like all of them though, they're very consistent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l78moh2RLvE&feature=related

First one I got was the Corpses Souls and other Strangeness cd, this is definitely my favourite track!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Excellent song, King is freakin badass, I love his vocals. I considered this song as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAhTPJ-jwvM
I just love Fearless Undead Machines, his vocals on that album are just so badass in my opinion.
Quote by Senor Kristian
My bad powerslave, I wanted to use Fear itself or Kill the King, but Master Control is just too cool, also, I think you'll like Vortex, and Vicious Rumors if you don't already know them.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Why is lappo's still stickied?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Dyer's has a life?

But duuude listening now, really liking Deceased. Shaping up to be a good list buddy
Yeah I guess so, I should get one.

Thanks man, I hope you like it, I had you in mind with Liege Lord, Vicious Rumors, and Vortex, because I'd never really been into old school power metal until I saw your threads on Satan and Martyr and all that, now I can't get enough of it.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Well I expected that. Hope you still enjoy the show though, I took my time picking out bands that need more exposure on this forum. Next time I'll do a lot more black metal, I was very torn as to whether or not I should put some on the playlist, next time though.
Quote by Senor Kristian
We should give me a spot for radio, ja?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Of course, signed up for Feb 12th.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Great list man, I only knew about 3 of the bands, everything on there was excellent.
Thanks
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
No problem man, glad you took the time to listen to it.
Quote by Senor Kristian