If i had a 66' wah i wouldn't sell it.
You should mention the condition of it :P.
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Yeah fair enough comment IKnowItsWrong - considering I spent 15 years looking out for one! - But I just never use it!

It is in good condition.
Last edited by guitarhead4561 at Nov 6, 2009,
It's not even worth using. In fact throw it out.

Actually send it to me and I'll throw it out for you. I'll even pay the postage.

God, I'm such a good person.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ethan_hanus
Its only worth something to collecters, but to active musicians, its prolly worth nothing, since it prolly wont last with someone gigging with it.

Are you serious? You think a modern, made in china replica is going to be more durable than the real deal? I'd be willing to bet that thing could survive an atom bomb and still be fine.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Are you serious? You think a modern, made in china replica is going to be more durable than the real deal? I'd be willing to bet that thing could survive an atom bomb and still be fine.

+1 what the heck are you thinking Ethan.

That's like saying your Gibson Les Paul from 1960 probably won't hold up cause it's so old
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Nightraven: I agree. but people do things like that all the time to old guitars.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Old pedals are worth a fair amount to collectors and some musicians. A 20 yo TS9 can fetch several hundred even tho a new one can be gotten for 90$. The average person might not want to pay much for it. Saying its junk and should be thrown out is far from true. TS do some searching on ebay and other places to get an average value.
Collectors would probably pay alot for it, especially seeing as there is a 1970's vox wah on the bay right now in.. less than pretty shape going for around 400$ at the moment.
Quote by ethan_hanus
1966, think about man, thats almost 50 years old, a pedal, this is the 21st century, we have much better sounding and more reliable stuff now, if you dont buy the cheap china made crap.
If vintage stuff wasn't better, why do you get boutique pedals trying to be as close to the original as possible?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ethan_hanus
1966, think about man, thats almost 50 years old, a pedal, this is the 21st century, we have much better sounding and more reliable stuff now, if you dont buy the cheap china made crap.

That's just not true. We have cheaper, worse sounding, less reliable stuff now. Think about it, electronics are cheaper then ever before and because of that replacing a product is usually easier and cheaper than fixing it...

Perfect example; tube vs SS... Tube amps are more reliable (because of how easily they can be repaired mostly) and sound better than SS, yet SS are far more prevalent in the market because of how cheap they are.

I can't believe you are saying that... You are arguing against everything that we as UG hold true.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
^While I understand what you are saying, the problem with things that have mechanical parts is that they have a life cycle. A wah pedal from the 60's could eeeeasily passed its expected life cycle a long time ago, meaning that the switch or pot could break down with more use.

Quote by nightraven
so that people can get the vintage sound without worrying that the old thing is going to break down or get stolen

i dont really like really old pedals anymore, the buffers were bad and they were really big. modern clones ftw

+1

Quote by nightraven
i would certainly replace the switch and pot of a wah that old if i were to use it regularly

Yes, but one must keep in mind, this would lower the value of the pedal. If you never plan to sell it, then who cares? But just saying.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Nov 6, 2009,
Thanks for the constructive advice.

I suppose I imagined this being used for recording. For those looking for that Page sound.

Although having survived 43 years so far I suspect it would be difficult to kill it.

My ideal buyer would be a wealthy musician who owns a boutique selection of recording equipment/nstruments and can see the collectable value of this item.

Stuff:

Gibson BBKing Lucille (1981 Dot)
Gretch Setzer 5120 (2006 Green stain)

Rex Bassking (2009 NOS)

Quote by guitarhead4561
Although having survived 43 years so far I suspect it would be difficult to kill it.

Again, frequently operated mechanical parts like the switch and pot will eventually fail. Not trying to be a negative Nancy, just letting you know that just because it's survived this long doesn't mean it will last forever. For example, Mike Fuller of Fulltone effects rates his 3PDT switches for 10000 cycles.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^While I understand what you are saying, the problem with things that have mechanical parts is that they have a life cycle. A wah pedal from the 60's could eeeeasily passed its expected life cycle a long time ago, meaning that the switch or pot could break down with more use.

This. a wah pedal will undergo cyclic loading which will eventually lead to fatigue fracture. if it has been dropped a few times this could reduce its life further by introducing tiny cracks. /engineering
I thought those pedals were pretty fragile. Jimi's wah (which was a Vox Crybaby, if I'm not mistaken) screwed up on him many times at Isle of Wight. Purely on that basis, I wouldn't use it at a gig and expect it to be reliable without cleaning the components and replacing the jacks and switches.

Should fetch a pretty penny though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??