I have two questions about something I totally can't do
1. When playing a (fast) solo to a record of a song how do can you copy every little single note in that solo? Seeing it's also almost impossible to find a tab that has every note
2. How can you time (when playing fast) exactly the notes you are playing along to a solo on every little note exactly? since the beat gets divided in 5tuplets and then sixteens and then a little 6tuplet lick etc. it's almost impossible (for me)

Thanks already
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
You slow right down, get it perfect at a low tempo and gradually go faster. With enough repetition, your fingers will just do it.
Well for really fast solos, there's so many notes grouped together that it's almost impossible to hit them all unless the band has a tab book you could look at. You just have to identify the key of the song and what scales work with it and then just play around with the scales until you find something that's close. If you miss a note here or there, it's no big deal. Nobody is going to have a solo memorized exactly except the band that played it.

As far as playing in time goes, get a metronome and slow it all down. The metronome will help you keep it all in time. Gradually build up your speed and eventually you will get it at full speed.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
You do it slow, then build up speed naturally

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Quote by 08L1V10N
I have two questions about something I totally can't do
1. When playing a (fast) solo to a record of a song how do can you copy every little single note in that solo? Seeing it's also almost impossible to find a tab that has every note
2. How can you time (when playing fast) exactly the notes you are playing along to a solo on every little note exactly? since the beat gets divided in 5tuplets and then sixteens and then a little 6tuplet lick etc. it's almost impossible (for me)

Thanks already

1. There are some very good tabs out there, but you still have to listen to the song, and make sure the tab seems right to you. Watching videos of the original artist performing the solo can help too, if you are not sure enough of your ear yet. If you absolutely want to play it note for note to the point where you could double the original recording, then you may need to transcribe it yourself if you can't find a good enough tab. Software such as audacity will help with this - it allows you to slow down music without altering the pitch, and lets you loop sections. To be honest, this is something I struggle with myself.

2. That improves with practice. The cool thing is that the better you learn to play all the different note groupings, the sharper your mind becomes at it, and you become a lot more aware of what is going on rhythmically, even at high speed.