Page 1 of 3
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
Anyone else watching it/looking forward to it?

No.
Heard about this in the week.

The Russian is ****ing huge. But he seems a bit slow. I think Haye surprisingly has a chance.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by The_Casinator
What is it, exactly?

This.

EDIT: That picture looks really shooped to me.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Last edited by RG5EX1 at Nov 6, 2009,
I think I will watch it. Valuev has only been beaten once, on a points decision I think but Holyfield lost on points previously to him. To me it's possible that Haye could win and if he gets a knock out (which looks very impossible to me!) then that would be astounding.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
For those who don't know what it is, from what I've gathered from half listening on Sky Sports News, it's for the heavyweight title or something. What makes it interesting is that Haye is 6ft 3 and Valuev is 7ft.
Appaerntly, the 'big guy's' parents were both only 5' 5, so he is just a freak.
Poor old dave's is gonna have a bad headache on Sunday, (if he's still alive that is, eek!).
Haye is easily quick enough to avoid Valuev but it would only take 1 to land clean and it could be over fairly quick. I think Haye could take it by stoppage or retirement. I'm backing Haye to win this one, it's definitely going to be an interesting fight!
yeah a me and a bunch of mates are going to go and watch it at a mates house.. should be a good fight and a right laugh
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by j_hunter_hkr

So, nobody interested in the true sport of kings?

Not if it involves the legalized beating of people until they get brain damage for the amusement of a paying audience.
Quote by Meyuse
What channel is it broadcasted on? is it just Sky?

Sky Box Office. Costs an arm and a leg I think.
Quote by Kumanji
Not if it involves the legalized beating of people until they get brain damage for the amusement of a paying audience.

shut up.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Kumanji

*Looks at profile pictures*

Yep, just as I thought. Most little bitches don't understand boxing. Don't worry, you're not alone.
What time is it on?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Haye is gonna get smashed
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by bulldozerbob
Sky Box Office. Costs an arm and a leg I think.

A streaming site like Justin.tv will have it.
YNWA
not really into boxing after seeing mma fights.

less useful, not usually as entertaining and more damaging in the long term to the fighters. I'll watch if I can find a stream but only because the guy is a freak of nature.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
*Looks at profile pictures*

Yep, just as I thought. Most little bitches don't understand boxing. Don't worry, you're not alone.

I hardly think there's much to understand about brutish violence disguised as a contest of skill. And I'm glad you get so much cliquey pleasure out of feeling part of a 'special' group of those who worship legalized GBH.

Also, it's rather sad how you prejudge people so much based on what they look like.
Last edited by Kumanji at Nov 6, 2009,
Quote by Kumanji
I hardly think there's much to understand about brutish violence disguised as a contest of skill. And I'm glad you get so much cliquey pleasure out of feeling part of a 'special' group of those who worship legalized GBH.

Also, it's rather sad how you prejudge people so much based on what they look like.

Would you like a tissue?

You don't think there's skill involved? Lmao. Shows how hopelessly ignorant you are. You know I could have sworn that these boxers aren't forced to compete, and that they do so purely out of love for the sport.....

Also, it's rather sad how you prejudge boxing so much based on your ridiculous and completely 'puffish' views of the sport.

Go and take some more myspace photos.
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Nov 6, 2009,
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Would you like a tissue?

You don't think there's skill involved? Lmao. Shows how hopelessly ignorant you are. You know I could have sworn that these boxers aren't forced to compete, and that they do so purely out of love for the sport.....

Also, it's rather sad how you prejudge boxing so much based on your ridiculous and completely 'puffish' views of the sport.

I agree. Boxing takes a hell of a lot of skill
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Would you like a tissue?

I never said there wasn't skill involved, I just think it's rather a poor excuse for a nasty display of vulgar violence to label it 'skillful'. I'm merely curious as to why you would enjoy watching people knocking seven bells out of one another. It's really foul.

Just because someone appears to consent to that kind of thing doesn't make it right. Are those honestly the people you idolize, if they truly do 'love' the 'sport'?

And please, keep personal insults out of this, it really doesn't make you look good.
Quote by Kumanji
I never said there wasn't skill involved, I just think it's rather a poor excuse for a nasty display of vulgar violence to label it 'skillful'. I'm merely curious as to why you would enjoy watching people knocking seven bells out of one another. It's really foul.

Just because someone appears to consent to that kind of thing doesn't make it right. Are those honestly the people you idolize, if they truly do 'love' the 'sport'?

And please, keep personal insults out of this, it really doesn't make you look good.

Who are you exactly? You seem willing to criticise the athletes and question their standing as role models when you're just some nobody? They train the hardest out of any athletes you can imagine, pretty much. Their dedication and skill levels are extraordinary.

If they consent then why isn't it right? If they want to push themselves towards glory and recognition then why can't they?

Just piss off, this is a thread for people who want to talk about the fight, not one for the kind of people who write into Sky because the boxing is getting their panties in a twist.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Who are you exactly? You seem willing to criticise the athletes and question their standing as role models when you're just some nobody? They train the hardest out of any athletes you can imagine, pretty much. Their dedication and skill levels are extraordinary.

If they consent then why isn't it right? If they want to push themselves towards glory and recognition then why can't they?

Just piss off, this is a thread for people who want to talk about the fight, not one for the kind of people who write into Sky because the boxing is getting their panties in a twist.

Frankly, no, I don't respect people who pursue violence in exchange for vast amounts of money. I'm sorry if that offends your sensibilities.

We're able to have our own moral judgement, one is completely lost if one just says anything goes if people 'consent' to it. Would you honestly turn down that amount of money to go into the ring? Is that really fair, to influence people like that in exchange for nothing but barbarism?

Is that what you'd love to be known for? Being a violent, brain-damaged brute?
Quote by Kumanji
Frankly, no, I don't respect people who pursue violence in exchange for vast amounts of money. I'm sorry if that offends your sensibilities.

We're able to have our own moral judgement, one is completely lost if one just says anything goes if people 'consent' to it. Would you honestly turn down that amount of money to go into the ring? Is that really fair, to influence people like that in exchange for nothing but barbarism?

Is that what you'd love to be known for? Being a violent, brain-damaged brute?

They're only offered that amount of money because they've worked to get to a point where that sort of money is a reasonable investment. it's not like these people are randoms off the street. I could understand your point if they were. But the choice to box comes before the offer of huge amounts of money.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Kumanji

Ohhh dear god...

Only the utter idiots injure themselves in boxing, and that's because they box too many fights.

There are doctors who can stop the fight at any point if they feel they need to as well.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
They're only offered that amount of money because they've worked to get to a point where that sort of money is a reasonable investment. it's not like these people are randoms off the street. I could understand your point if they were. But the choice to box comes before the offer of huge amounts of money.

But the very choice to box is influenced by the prospect of that potential money.

Besides, isn't it even more reprehensible to want to batter people just for the love of the 'sport'?

Quote by TEK34
Ohhh dear god...

Only the utter idiots injure themselves in boxing, and that's because they box too many fights.

There are doctors who can stop the fight at any point if they feel they need to as well.

Yes, because getting punched repeatedly in the face and head is not going to affect you in the least. Next you'll be arguing 'they hardly hurt'
Last edited by Kumanji at Nov 6, 2009,
Haye should win this. Valuev is a joke. He's big but slow as hell and he isn't as powerfull as his size suggests.

Many of his wins were controversial decisions that he did not deserve, especially the fight against Holyfield.
Kumanji, everyone knows you're politically outspoken, but this is a thread dedicated to the fight, not the ethicality of the sport as a whole. Keep your opinions to yourself.

Obviously being British, I'm rooting for Haye. Despite Valuev having about an extra 10 inches in reach, I hoping Haye might be able to show his better speed and avoid any major blows.

Haye certainly doesn't seem scared of Valuev, to say the least:

(Haye on Valuev)

"He is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I have watched Lord of the Rings and films with strange looking people, but for a human being to look like he does is pretty shocking."

Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Last edited by Sir Daniel at Nov 6, 2009,
Quote by Sir Daniel

"He is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I have watched Lord of the Rings and films with strange looking people, but for a human being to look like he does is pretty shocking."

I merely hope to inject some perspective into proceedings
Quote by Kumanji
I'm genuinely not surprised you're resorting to childish insults

I'm genuinly not surprised you look more like a woman than a man
Quote by Kumanji

I merely hope to inject some perspective into proceedings

Nope, you just came in to be a self-righteous prick.
Quote by Kumanji
But the very choice to box is influenced by the prospect of that potential money.

Besides, isn't it even more reprehensible to want to batter people just for the love of the 'sport'?

I doubt it. People choose to start boxing for a variety of reasons, not just because of the remote chance of one day being paid to fight someone.

reasons can include wanting to get fit, self defence and even just wanting to compete.

and it's not wanting to batter people, you want to beat them in a competitive sense. sure there will be people who want to cause harm. There will always be people who want to inflict harm, but not everyone who boxes wants to harm. They want to win, there's a huge difference.

you can make almost anything seem morally reprehensible by using certain language.

Quote by element4433
Page 1 of 3