I was thinking of a practice schedule like this

learning a song; minimal 30 minutes
ear training (like interval recognition and such, also figuring melodies on the guitar): 30 minutes
solo 30 minutes
recording audio/video of playing, to criticise myself a bit; 15 minutes
going back on the song I'm learning; 30 minutes
technique: everyday (or maybe week) another technique like tapping, muting, legato, bends, sweeps, economy, skipping... 30 minutes
rhythm guitar downpicking, gallops. 30 minutes

I'm wondering what you guys think of it. feel free to comment
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
If you can stick with that, then go for it

On the other hand :
Ear training is important. mabye merge this with learning a song? like 45 mins all up.

You sure you want to solo for such a long time? mabye merge the recording audio/video with soloing so that its actually productive rather than just doodling on the guitar making just melodies. so you can make songs while you doodle. i personally i think this is a better way of learning because its productive and helps with songwriting.
Besides soloing has no point without a message (song/ composition). Otherwise its just learning to wank on guitar.

it might be better to shift the rhythm stuff to the "technique" section. honestly, are you going to gallop for 30 mins?? thats kinda pointless imo.

when you say practising technique... are you gonna be making this stuff up? or are you gonna practice songs with the specific technique?
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
Quote by kai2demax
If you can stick with that, then go for it

On the other hand :

You sure you want to solo for such a long time? Besides soloing has no point without a message (song/ composition). Otherwise its just learning to wank on guitar.

At first I meant covering a solo. but your idea with making a song with an original solo is great, thanks

it might be better to shift the rhythm stuff to the "technique" section. honestly, are you going to gallop for 30 mins?? thats kinda pointless imo.

Nah, I'm just going to focus on metal guitar stuff. Downpicking, galloping and different rhythms without losing tone.

when you say practising technique... are you gonna be making this stuff up? or are you gonna practice songs with the specific technique?

I'll just focus on an exercise which incorporates technique x and try to improve it
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Quote by brothertupelo
mechanical and lifeless. the opposite of fun or expressive.

+1
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Just play songs you like that happen to have the techniques you want to practice and improv? It's all I do and I don't have to follow and schedule or time frame I just play when I want to.
But I have some kind of mental barrier to play cover songs... i can't really explain why
Quote by razorback91