Hey UG,
Any MI students here? Or anyone who has looked/looking to attend?
I would really like to attend MI for voice, the only thing that I'm unsure about is about how much tuition and other expenses might be, so I could determine if it would be too much for me... I know there are various degrees and programs so it will vary, so maybe someone might know how much each of them might cost?
I've looked all over their site and have had lots of material sent to me, nothing about tuition costs or any other expenses.
So, anyone have an idea? Thanks UG!
If you can't find details on their site, try calling them directly and asking someone. Maybe go on Facebook and type in Musician's Institute and send messages to the first few people who pop up and see what they have to say.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I went through 40k in one year...I'm sure I didn't live as cheap as I could have. But that was living without a Vehicle in a 1 bedroom apt with one roommate.
Quote by iduno871
I went through 40k in one year...I'm sure I didn't live as cheap as I could have. But that was living without a Vehicle in a 1 bedroom apt with one roommate.

I spend 20 dollars per week. I'm in college, in a dorm. Figure that one out.
MI doesnt have dorms, you have to get an apartment. and everything in Hollywood is expensive as hell.
im going there right outta the military, it's 5 thousand something per semester, 5,775 or something as i remember. idk, if you had them send you stuff the exact amount is in the manual on the cd they sent in the packet
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
also depends on if your going for 2 or 4 years
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Yeahhh I know about living and other expenses of Hollywood. Greatttt.
Iduno, do you mind telling me what prgram/s your involved with? Thanks for the info!
Thanks blackritual, I'll see if I can get more stuff sent to me and take another look. Also what program or degree are you involved with?
I went '05 to 06 for GIT. I lived one block from Hollywood Blvd on Yucca St. The apt was $1000 a month with a $2000 deposit.

The school year is split into Quarters, each consisting of 10 weeks with a break in between each. I honestly don't know how much a payed for tuition...I just filled out the paperwork and let the student loans do the rest.

I don't know any vocal teachers to recommend getting. They're all great anyways. If possible get Carl Schroder for theory and whatever other classes he may teach in your field of study, He is an amazing teacher!
MI is complete garbage from what I've heard. I considered going there since I lived about an hour away, until I read the reviews from former students- horrible.

My friend took the tour and he said they show you all the "cool" recording equipment they have and all the different rooms. But what they don't tell you is that you're only allowed to use the equipment for whichever major you're in.

I heard there's LOADS of dropouts too
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
Quote by Goin' Mobile
MI is complete garbage from what I've heard. I considered going there since I lived about an hour away, until I read the reviews from former students- horrible.

My friend took the tour and he said they show you all the "cool" recording equipment they have and all the different rooms. But what they don't tell you is that you're only allowed to use the equipment for whichever major you're in.

Dave Weiner, Russ Parish, and Paul Gilbert, as well as my Guitar Teacher who did something or other at MI for a short period (He went to school at Juliard, I don't know what he was doing out there) seem to have made the most of there time there. Where exactly are you reading these reviews from former students?

As for only using the equipment in your major, whats wrong with that? I'd be kinda pissed if I was paying thousands for tuition as a Recording Engineer, only to have all the equipment being constantly used by the guitar students who don't need it.
Quote by Goin' Mobile

yeah, i know personally several people who have gone there, the y said it was great. idk what your talking about. And everyone i know who's gone there has turned out to be ****ing incredible musicians.
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.