Ok so im having trouble setting up my amp ect with my emg 81 pickups and ts9 fx pedal so here it goes. Does the vol pot on the guitar affect the sound in general ie will using in on half or full give a different sound or should i turn it up full and use the amp master volume??? And when setting up tone do they affect each other on the pickup side and fx pedal??? I know this is a noob question but i seem to be spending more time messing with settings that playing lol.
Cheers wils
Quote by wils07
(1) Does the vol pot on the guitar affect the sound in general ie will using in on half or full give a different sound or should i turn it up full and use the amp master volume???

(2) And when setting up tone do they affect each other on the pickup side and fx pedal???

(1) what amp are you using first?

(2) huh... what do you mean by "setting up tone"?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The short answer is that the output level coming out of your guitar will effect how your amp will sound in terms of distortion and things
Quote by ragingkitty
(1) what amp are you using first?

(2) huh... what do you mean by "setting up tone"?

I have a peavey valveking 112 and by tone i mean trying to get the correct tone/sound for say greenday or metallica does the guitar tone dominate the ts9 tone or viceversa.

Quote by jinjan29
The short answer is that the output level coming out of your guitar will effect how your amp will sound in terms of distortion and things

Ok so if i have the vol pot on max i will get more distortion than just using the amp alone.
changing your volume will take away the distortion
i'd keep it on full alot of the time until you get a better ear for tone
and turn down the gain on your amplifier for changing tone
but really most of the sound will come down to your EQ
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)