Just saw this on Craigslist today and picked it up for $120. Haven't had much time to check into it, but I'm pretty sure it's 2 - EL84s which puts it at about 15watts. I've found a schematic but haven't has time to verify it's the right one. Pretty sure it is though.

It's got a footswitch with reverb and tremolo. The tremolo speed is adjustable on the front panel but not the level. Sorry about the crappy pic, but it's my web cam on my office computer. Picked it up this morning on a break from work. I have a guitar at work so I got a chance to play it a bit and it sounds great. Very clean and the tremolo and reverb seem good in the short time I got to test it.

Not sure what the year is. I'll pull it apart and check out the chassis later. Hopefully I'll find a label with model and year of mfg. Looks very clean and original. I'll going to have to put a 3 prong plug on it and ground the chassis. Don't want to get the electrocuted. Clips later. Sounds pretty good for surf music.

One of my friends has that amp. It's the bigger version though, at least it looks bigger.
Happy NAD.
That's a 10" speaker in there. I have a 12" Wharfedale GSH12-30 from a Vox AC30 sitting on my shelf. The cabinet is big enough to cut the baffle board and put in a bigger speaker. I don't want to devalue it as it is original. But I'm thinking that in the long run it's not worth that much anyway (famous last words ).
Quote by kurtlives91
Its class AB1.

How many of you actually know what class A and AB are though? It's a mojo word for most ya...

I imagine the two talking about it do... Just because you are a fancy amp tech and GB&C regular doesn't mean you get to come in here and insult us GG&Aers...

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I'm not, I was just making a general statement. Go to the gear page and they do the same but way more intense.

TS that is a cool amp. I thought it looked kinda cheap when I first saw it. Looking at the schematic it's kinda cool. Basically Fender reverb circuit with Fender style trem that modulates the bias on the output tubes. The first stage is biased kind of cold though.
Quote by kurtlives91
I'm not, I was just making a general statement. Go to the gear page and they do the same but way more intense.

I was just kidding, I only have a very loose grasp on the classes. I just think its funny when you GB&C guys come over here and get all picky about our use of terminology.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
The footswitches on the pedal look awfully close..
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by kurtlives91
TS that is a cool amp. I thought it looked kinda cheap when I first saw it. Looking at the schematic it's kinda cool. Basically Fender reverb circuit with Fender style trem that modulates the bias on the output tubes. The first stage is biased kind of cold though.
Yeah, it does have a cheap look to it. Not planning to do any mods to the circuit. Just make sure the components are in good shape and the chassis is grounded.

I'm not really an amp modder, so I don't know what are the ramifications are of a cold bias in a preamp circuit. But since you're giving advice... Do you think 4.7K is a little too high? What kind of difference could I expect by knocking it down a bit?
Oh wow, she's a beauty. I love classic looking amps
Clips of it if you can
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I think this amp is going to need some mods. It's not nearly as loud as a normal 15 watt tube amp with the volume knob dimed. The only way to get any crunch is with pedals. The tremolo could really use a intensity control and the speed of the tremolo needs to be slower at the lowest setting. The second input has a voltage divider to lower the input level. But the divider puts about a 100K ohm load on your pups. This is a tone sucker.

I'm going to sit down and figure out how to up the gain of the preamp to push the EL84's harder. I doubt that it's putting out more than a 5 watt tube amp equivalent right now. Looks like somebody has already replaced a few caps. The amp is in good working order. But it seems weird to play it dimed all the time.

I don't want to mess up the original look, so if I add any controls I'll probably put them on the back. Need to swap out the speaker as well. The speaker is original and in decent shape so I'll keep it stored on the shelf. I'll probably record some clips soon.

I was considering making a head shell for it, but the reverb tank is a monster.
wow! you don't see one of those everyday! nice grab
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard (modded)
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 2x12 Cabinet
Vader 2x15 Cabinet
Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
ISP Decimator Suppressor
D'Addario Strings
Dunlop Picks
You know the quietness could be tube problems. Try replacing the tubes.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.