Christmas is coming up and i've been reading the Cliff Burton biography "To live is to die" (a great book) and i've read of his escapades with a Wah-wah and distortion pedal and I was thinking of buying a distortion pedal to get such a sound.

I own an Ibanez GSR 200 which I put through an Ashdown 60 watt mini stack and was wondering what is the best distortion pedal to get as I have honestly no idea which one to buy.

Your views are greatly appreciated.
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Try get a Russian Big Muff Pi, the black version.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
MORLEY to the rescue yet AGAIN!!MORLEY has a awesome WHAh for the bass, as far as a dist. pedal they probably have one to but if not check out the almighty,,"BOSS" for sure they should have one for BASS good luck mate!!!!!..ROCK ON ROCK HARD!!!
Quote by zorbozate
MORLEY to the rescue yet AGAIN!!MORLEY has a awesome WHAh for the bass, as far as a dist. pedal they probably have one to but if not check out the almighty,,"BOSS" for sure they should have one for BASS good luck mate!!!!!..ROCK ON ROCK HARD!!!

What the F*CK?
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by Necr0maniac
What the F*CK?

I think he was on day release..
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Quote by Necr0maniac
What the F*CK?
+1. "almighty Boss"?
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
^ Boss pedals suck, dont own any, and they might well be the only brand that I've never owned and don't want any of. It's all opinion though.

Even though he's probably just escaped from somewhere zorbozate makes a good point - i think the morley wah has distortion and is supposed to be capable of getting somewhere near cliff's sound, according to some people anyway - never tried one myself.

If you want to go separate then a lot of people rate the crybaby bass (105Q), and you can go any way you want with distortion, I have 5 distortion pedals (out of the 7 that I own.... lol) [Woolly Mammoth, BOD100, Bass Big Muff, Tech 21 XXL Bass, Sansamp BDDI], the possibilities for distortion really are endless. The russian muff is supposed to be good for cliff, but if you're going to do that a lot of people will tell you to get the Electro Harmonix Bass Big Muff instead, and it's much easier to get ahold of.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk