Im trying to slow down a movie without changing the pitch. I couldnt do it on Windows Movie Maker or audacity. How do i do it and what program do i need?
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
The sound won't sync if you do that.

Couldn't you just slow it down and mute the sound, or replace it?

well i could replace it but i dont know how to put them together.
If you made your own movie you could talk twice as slow/fast and then speed it up/slow it down

But you are not doing that so i dont know.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Slow it down with Movie Maker
Stick the slowed-down sound into audacity
Increase pitch by however much you slowed the film down by (for example, if slowed to half speed, increase by an octave)
Export as MP3
Stick onto slowed-down film

Voila.
Quote by sketchy z
sacrificial lamb

That's my backup for any problems that may come my way.
I agree with his suggestion.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Easiest method is Adobe Premiere Pro

Right click the clip, Speed/Duration, select whatever percentage you wish to slow it and make sure to check 'Maintain Audio Pitch' or else you'll have skipped the most important step. The program renders the rest.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, movie maker slows video down by 2 or 3 presets and nothing more/less. Premiere will let you speed it up to 10,000% of the original clip or whatever speed you want in the end. If you know exactly how much the video is in length after the process, you MAY be able to duplicate that time length and slow the audio down separately. I've never tried so I cannot say it will work.
Last edited by Maikku at Nov 6, 2009,
Audacity? No shit Sherlock! That's for audio, not video...and for editing audio, you select "Change Tempo". That changes the tempo and not the pitch.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies