This is my first real amp. I had a crappy practice amp that came with my guitar, got a better but still crappy practice amp. Then I started playing on my PC using amp sims as I have a nice Tascam USB mixer interface. I hated being tether to my PC though, and wanted something with knobs I could tweak. I'm still under a year playing, but I love all kinds of music and try to play some rock, metal, blues so I wanted something versatile, small and had a headphone jack.

I was set on a Peavey Vypyr 15, found a music store that had one in stock and was on my way to grab it. Up here in Canada, at least in my area the cheapest for the vypyr 15 is $139 + 14% tax, so around $160 total. On a whim, I stopped at another music to see what they had. I was looking at various amps there, same price range, then I started looking through the used section. Most of the stuff there was beat to hell and looked like it had toured the world 3 times over. Tucked away behind a box was an amp that looked brand new. I pulled it out and gave it a look over and then asked the owner about it. It told me it was a friend of his that wanted to play guitar, bought a bunch of gear off him, played like 10 times, then sold him everything back. The amp sat in his finished basement for a year with almost zero play time.

I plugged it in, grabbed one of the only 2 lefty guitars in the shop and played around for a while. He wanted $220 + tax for it. I told him it was my birthday and I had $180 bucks to spend, would he take $180 with taxes. He said sure. I paid the man and left.

I know the XL in the series was the higher gain series, but I don't mind. The 12" speaker I think blows away what a 8" could do in the vypyr. Do I need a zillion amp models and presets? No, thats where I was getting lost with the amp sims on the pc. I have a couple of sounds in my head that I want for a few genres I'm trying to learn, and I can already get close with the vox with not much tweaking.

Anyways, long story, blah, blah, but its my first amp and I'm excited and loving it so far. And now for some pics.

My 180lb Great Dane checking it over for me.

Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
HNAD no-ones shown you much attention and i dunno about price conversions
but if your happy then good for you
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Nice. Valvetronix are IMO the best modelling amps in their price range.

Any questions just ask in the valvetronix thread.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1179626
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
I have a 50 watt one of these.

The lack of control really gets to me.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Thanks. $5 at the electronic store and I got 2 latching switches, a 1/4" stereo jack and 10' of wire to build my own footswitch for it.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
Ya, the more I play it, the more I'm impressed with my choice over the vypyr15. My roomie is going to bring me some sheet metal home tomorrow so I can make a chassis for my footswitch. I already wired it up and it worked great. Switches between your two preset channels and either effect bypass or switch to manual mode, so if you setup manual mode with some settings, then have you two channels, you can switch between 3 presets with the footswitch.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
These are the amp models and the amps they were modeled from

Originally Posted by Voxman
These are just high gain variants of the existing models used in the regular ADxxVT series. You can easily identify the base models that have been modded as below from the FAQ section re (chrome) ADxxVT amp models - but I've done it for you anyway:

Glass, modelled on the Clean channel of a collectable 100-Watt head named the Overdrive Special; (Dumble Overdrive Special)

Funked, modeled on a classic American black-faced 2x12 combo; (Fender Twin Reverb)

Buzzsaw, inspired by the British-made 50-Watt head that created the sounds of ‘70s hard rock and metal; (Marshall Plexi 50w head)

Crunched, based on a very rare modded VOX AC30/6TBX Top Boost combo, adding new hot-rodded gain levels and EQ;

Thrashed, modelled on a 1983, all tube, single channel, master volume 100-Watt head; (Marshall JCM800)

Raged, based on the high gain channel of a modern, all-tube 100 Watter, with boosted bass and mid frequencies and even more gain; (100w Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier head - modern high gain channel)

Modern, a still higher gain modification to the “Modern High Gain” channel, with scooped EQ; (100w Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier head - modern high gain channel)

Fluid, the UK Modern setting with maximum gain and mid-range EQ, modified to emphasize a vocal-like tone for legato-style playing; (Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Head)

Molten, based on VOX’s US Hi-Gain model but capable of even more powerful, heavily saturated sounds, with an Octave effect mixed into the preset; (Soldano SLO)

Black, a version of the UK Modern mutated to Class A, rather than Class AB; (Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Head)

Damaged, rooted in VOX’s US Hi-Gain model with more gain and a completely re-voiced and modified EQ to be thicker and darker. (Soldano SLO)
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3