Current lineup:
the_bradman - Vocals
GSD N3 - Guitars
MetalGS3SE - Guitars
sfaune92 - Bass
Comrade Curry - Drums
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jan 14, 2010,
I would SO be interested in this if I had the recording equipment necessary. Just curious though, what do you mean by online band?
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Online band is a cooporation between musicians where we write songs and record our piece of it. We use msn for chatting and a collab site like box.net to share tabs, and recorded soundclips with each other.

you get it?
That sounds AWESOME. Now I'm kinda pissed I don't have decent recording equipment. D:
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
The only problem with searching UG for a drummer, is that so few drummers are on UG.
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

I'm finding new ways to make the same mistakes,
putting my dreams onto paper and then folding them into planes,
then I let them go because when in Rome,
I set fire to what I love the most.

Quote by GSD N3
The only problem with searching UG for a drummer, is that so few drummers are on UG.

Yeah we are a scarce breed.
hey i am definitely interested but i should let you know now, i dont have a full drum mic setup yet but i do have a couple of condensers that pick up the sound pretty well. if you want an example of my playing goto

http://www.nextcat.com/mylife_man <--- thats not me just my friends page and our band.

im currently majoring in music at the university of utah.

let me know.
Quote by muckypup
I didn't know this online band was still going on. Has anything been recorded yet?

no, 'cus of lack of drummer, and time... Expect a few songs for after Christmas, if everything goes as I hope.

Quote by Obie
hey i am definitely interested but i should let you know now, i dont have a full drum mic setup yet but i do have a couple of condensers that pick up the sound pretty well. if you want an example of my playing goto

http://www.nextcat.com/mylife_man <--- thats not me just my friends page and our band.

im currently majoring in music at the university of utah.

let me know.

Sounds decent, going to talk to the band asap (when those guys get on)

ædit: We want to discuss this a little more with you. Add my msn: stianaune3@hotmail.com
Last edited by sfaune92 at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by muckypup
I didn't know this online band was still going on. Has anything been recorded yet?

Time is expensive dude, and people are busy. Between High school, College, H1N1, and work, we're all busy. And I have a local band that I am also devoting time to. So not yet. Hopefully sometime soon though.
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

Quote by GSD N3
Time is expensive dude, and people are busy. Between High school, College, H1N1, and work, we're all busy. And I have a local band that I am also devoting time to. So not yet. Hopefully sometime soon though.

Too true. Between exams, work, organizing my local band, and a hard drive failure, I've been having a tough time. But things will get done, no worries.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
bump...

Please respond, Obie.

And to anyone else interested, please show your interest, nothing's decided yet.
I'm not exactly sure what you would call a drum machine, so I'm probably going out on a limb here...

I can program the drums as MIDI files, then route them through ezDrummer, I also have DFH for heavier sounds. They are fairly realistic sounding, and I use Repear as my DAW. The samples on my solo projects Myspace may not fit your band exactly genre-wise, but they do showcase the capabilities of the programs I'm using.

www.myspace.com/valujki

Again, sorry if you're not interested in programmed drums, but I figured I'd give you guys a shout out.

Anyways, free bump.
Quote by Das_Skittles
I'm not exactly sure what you would call a drum machine, so I'm probably going out on a limb here...

...I can program the drums as MIDI files, then route them through ezDrummer, I also have DFH for heavier sounds. They are fairly realistic sounding, and I use Repear as my DAW. The samples on my solo projects Myspace may not fit your band exactly genre-wise....

That's exacly what i call a drum machine... So I'm not interested in your services sorry, but i'll mention you as a backup plan if this search for a drummer fails miserably.

---

Anyone drummers here?
Bump

Anyone?

We're ready to record three self-written songs as soon as possible, but we need a drummer-
If you send me the guitar pro tabs I can put your drums through my software - now before you make up your mind, have a listen to my newest song -

http://www.mediafire.com/?ogxqxmleyfn

I have been using separate samples, thick and meaty ones! I can try to get any drum sound you want dudes!
We will priority getting a real drummer. Because even how cool your drum machine sound, a drum machine will always remain unnatural.
With this holy bumpage, I command this thread to enter the sacret First Page.

Really?
Isn't anybody interested? It's not that heavy nor that mellow really, if you're in doubt, i can just show you a song and you may decide if you want to join us or not!

We only need a drummer, we have vocalist, bassist, and two guitarists!
I would help you, as I honestly think that my drumming style could be exactly what you're looking for, but I have crappy equipment: An slightly broken electronic kit, with no MIDI cables to DI with, and only one crappy mic. And I think that is the main problem. There are drummers on UG, but none of them have the proper recording equipment for drums, as drums are notoriously hard to record well.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Last edited by pitobodies at Dec 29, 2009,
Piscasis have, but he haven't got much time on his hands...

Do you have any recordings of your playing?
At this point, I'd be willing to settle for electronic drums. We have been trying to get this thing going for quite some time, and the drums seem to be the main thing holding us back. If the rest of you are willing to settle for electronic drums, then that would be fine with me. If not, that's also cool and we will just have to hope someone comes along soon.

I P R O G

Agreed MetalGS3SE, electric are okay, however artificial drum machines are not.

So if you've got a decent electric drum kit and some decent program, then that's fine.

I'm a bit harsh here because artificial drum machines ruins songs in my opinion, because of the missing dinamycs and the little unpreciseness which drummers have that gives the song some kind of life to it. Get it?
isnt bumping against the rules...
Gear:
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ovation Celebrity CSE24
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Line 6 Spider III 50 Watt
(working on getting rid of these amps...)
Crybaby Wah 535Q
MXR fullbore metal
Well since nobodys taken the job I guess I'll through my hand up. I'm interested from the influences you guys listed and while I dont have a double pedal NOW, I can certainly get one (mines currently on loan).

Heres my setup though.

Gretsch Catalina Maple 6 piece
Mapex Black Panther Snare
Mapex Venus Metal Snare
Various Assorted cymbals from paiste, sabian, and zildjian
CAD Pro Mics for Bass + Toms
SM57's for Snare and Overheads
Alesis 16 In FW Mixer
DAW's include reaper, home studio, and audition
and I have decent knowledge of mixing/mastering if it matters
But last time I cooperated with you, you were on like 1 or 2 times in several months, so I'm not really sure about that...
Quote by muckypup
Also, I'm not really using a drum machine anymore, I am using separate raw drum samples that I have collected, some of them are by proper producers like Andy Sneap, so they sound ****ing good.

I'm not a big fan of the guitar tone, but the drums sound great .

I've worked with muckypup before and seen some of his other work, so I know he does good drums.

I P R O G

We might talk this over, but I have a question for Comrade Curry...

How often are you online nowadays? And are you able to record seven 3-5 min songs before/during this summer for us?

If he's not responding in a week after i posted this thread, we'll give Muckypup a try, because his drum machine drums sounds kinda good.
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by sfaune92
We might talk this over, but I have a question for Comrade Curry...

How often are you online nowadays? And are you able to record seven 3-5 min songs before/during this summer for us?

If he's not responding in a week after i posted this thread, we'll give Muckypup a try, because his drum machine drums sounds kinda good.

Well I know we've already talked but I'll answer these anyways.

1. Fairly often perusing and whatnot

2. If they are written out in GP yes I can do that.

Yeah, they're pretty much written, but you might want to spice up the drums on some of them.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
I'm not a big fan of the guitar tone, but the drums sound great .

I've worked with muckypup before and seen some of his other work, so I know he does good drums.

Thanks dude! I'm not a fan of the guitar tone either, I'm still working on getting a good guitar tone for that cover.
I'm going to take this to the rest of the online band and find out who of you we're going to have as our drummer. The most likely in my opinion is Comrade Curry, because of the real drums.

But the quality on your drum machine are great Mucky, but I'd like some real drums with the unprecise timing and dynamics that a real drummeer has.

As I said before, we're going to discuss it.
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jan 9, 2010,
Quote by sfaune92
I'm going to take this to the rest of the online band and find out who of you we're going to have as our drummer. The most likely in my opinion is Comrade Curry, because of the real drums.

But the quality on your drum machine are great Mucky, but I'd like some real drums with the unprecise timing and dynamics that a real drummeer has.

As I said before, we're going to discuss it.

Ok, just remember though, if you choose to use me for your drums you can have drums that no other human could play, its very rare you will find a drummer that can play like Gene Hoglan or Tomas Haake, but my drums can be what ever you make them and the sound can be as tight, boomy or loose as you want man.
Hey Comrade Curry, if you're available and willing still, you're in. sfaune92 will shoot you an invite to where the gp5 files are, and fill you in, I believe. I like your drumming style, and the second song in your player, Deep In Love or whatver, reminds me of The Redwalls if you've ever listened to them. XD but yeah, you're in, I'm not a fan of artificial drums, really, either, no offense muckypup.
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

Page 1 of 2