Is it possible to help by trolling? I remember this case that posted as a screencap in YLYL, about some /b/tard helping track down a child molester, but I'm not sure it's considered trolling.
a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an on-line community, such as an on-line discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Yeah... this was taken from wikipedia

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Internet vigilantism can be pretty awesome if you ask me, but that doesn't change the fact that anybody who contributes to 4chan should be put down.
Quote by archangels666
That's not trolling.

Trolling is intentionally acting stupid and trying to annoy people.

This
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Quote by bendystraw
Internet vigilantism can be pretty awesome if you ask me, but that doesn't change the fact that anybody who contributes to 4chan should be put down.

I agree with you here.
Quote by jimmyled
Is it possible to help by trolling? I remember this case that posted as a screencap in YLYL, about some /b/tard helping track down a child molester, but I'm not sure it's considered trolling.

Pedo-Baiting?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by jimmyled
That's more "baiting".
Quote by ctb
That's more "baiting".

Oh, OK. But it's still a sub-type of trolling, no?
Quote by archangels666
That's not trolling.

Trolling is intentionally acting stupid and trying to annoy people.

No.
Quote by JDbbx
I troll Jonas brothers and Tokio Hotel fan blogs, I consider it my contribution to society.

Well, that's all the evidence I need (that and the Cracked article about trolling Twilight fans),
Quote by jimmyled
Well, that's all the evidence I need (that and the Cracked article about trolling Twilight fans),

I have a screenshot of one of them, twas a French site, I'll have a look around my images.

EDIT: PHOUND IT:

(The product advertised is a 4chan/V for Vendetta style Guy Fawkes mask.
Last edited by JDbbx at Nov 6, 2009,