So i've been wanting a new pedal really badly recently for some reason. I don't use too many effects so I'd mainly like a Distortion, OD, or Fuzz pedal. I play heavy metal-type stuff (BLS, A7X, Metallica) mainly so a high-gain pedal would be good. Or a pedal for a GN'R/Slash tone. Around the range of $100 USD. I'm using a Behringer GMX and a crappy Epiphone starter amp for now, I know I should get a new amp first, but I won't have enough money until after christmas anyway so I figured I'd try to get some new tones for the time being. Well here's what I've been thinking so far...

Zoom G1J John 5 Multi-Effect - might purchase it this weekend if I like it actually, so this is probably my main choice.
Boss Blues Driver - I'd use it to get a good blues and hard-rock tone...
MXR Fullbore Metal
DigiTech Hardwire Metal Distortion
EHX Metal Muff
MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Fulltone Catalyst

What can you tell me about these pedals? Any others I should take a look at?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by WD Punk
save the 100 and put it toward the amp
imo

What I was saying was there's no point in saving the $100 because I won't have enough money for it until after Christmas so i'll have extra money then, and that could be useful to me now which is why I was asking about pedals not whether I should save the money.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
i have the metal muff and i think its great but use your 100 to buy a better amp
Höhner llx100g
Gibson explorer
crappy stagg acoustic
Roland dac80d
marshall jcm 900 sl-x 2500
marshall 1960A
ehx metal-muff
jimmy hendrix wah
The blues driver is a piece of shit.

If you already have a good OD/distortion, then get a Way Huge Swollen Pickle. Otherwise, maybe look for a used fulltone OCD?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.