Im not looking to by one just yet but i just wondered how much a wireless system is? I wouldn't be overly obessed about it being amazing so long as it doesn't lose shit loads of tone and doesn't pick up TV signals and what not.

Im in the UK btw.
For a good wireless system, you are looking at spending at least US$400.00. There are less expensive ones, but you will likely encounter problems in the long run. For a trulu professional system, you could easily spend between US$3,000.00 and US$4,000.00.
Quote by FatalGear41
For a good wireless system, you are looking at spending at least US$400.00. There are less expensive ones, but you will likely encounter problems in the long run. For a trulu professional system, you could easily spend between US$3,000.00 and US$4,000.00.

You can get something much cheaper, and still good for a lower price. Don't know what you're talking about

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/AudioTechnica-ATW701-700-Series-UHF-Guitar-Wireless-System?sku=275121
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Quote by t.ev
definitely dont spend $4,000 USD on it.

I wouldn't suggest spending that much, either. At least, not unless you are a major act on a cross-country tour and you can write you gear off of your taxes as a business expense. What I said was that a truly professional system can easily run that much. You can get a good one for a lot less money, but the ones I've used that sold for under US$400.00 were less than satisfactory - latency problems, poor reception / susceptible to signal interference, limited channel availability, no anti-feedback control, drained batteries too fast, etc.

You pays your money and you makes your choice.
Nice of everyone to completely ignore that he said he's in the UK and so dollars are of no use to him... not to mention here in the UK, all electrical goods cost far more than they do in the US. What you guys might call cheap is mid-priced here.

Anyway.

Wireless systems tend to start at around £160 for a basic one instrument set up. It'll suck your tone and be useless in a gigging situation, but it will basically work for practise if you want to try out going wireless. A good system that will be okay for gigging, though will still murder your tone, is going to run you about £300-£400. Something that I would call ''acceptable quality'', i.e. a system that doesn't drain your tone so hugely, is going to be £400-£700.
For reference, a system that works flawlessly live with a full band and which barely effects your tone is going to cost you well over a grand, typically a grand and ahalf minimum. Even once you start looking into systems in the two thousand and higher range, they will still always compress your tone, lose playing dynamics and response and be susceptible to interference. There's a good reason why most professionals still refuse to use wireless systems. Unless you actually need to be running around the stage more than 20' in each direction, there are no advantages to them and a lot of disadvantages.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
To be honest, I didn't even know such witchcraft existed.