Page 1 of 2
Which bands/artists have changed modern cultures?

Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Stravinsky, Louis Armstrong, Chuck Berry, Elvis, Beatles, Sex Pistols, Black Sabbath, Grand Master Flash, De La Soul, Orbital The Prodigy, Roni Size etc...
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Nov 6, 2009,
Nirvana, Metallica, Linkin Park, Beethoven > Mozart (Sorry, Mozart is well known but he didn't make any serious changes like Beethoven), Aerosmith, Beatles, Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Guns N Roses.

I'm just going by what I know in terms of what bands/artists/composers have made changed modern culture. Beethoven brought us into the Romantic Period which has a sound that is sometimes still done today.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by archangels666
The Ramones/Misfits/Clash/punk in general.

Also, Linkin Park.

lol.

Pink Floyd.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Daft Punk, LCD Soundsystem, Soulwax.

S'like dance music for people who dont really like dance music.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Chuck Berry
Elvis
The Beatles
Sabbath
Metallica
Nirvana
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
The Beatles.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by archangels666

Also, Linkin Park.

In what way? There were just another Korn clone Nu Metal clone in the beginning.
chuck berry, beatles, bb king, jimi hendrix, black sabbath, venom, metallica, death, nirvana, pantera and others.

grandmaster flash, run dmc,ice t, tupac, eric b and rakim, notorious big, big l, nas, jay z, eminem, public enemy, NWA, ATCQ, wu tang
Last edited by Xhale1 at Nov 6, 2009,
Quote by Misticalz
Nirvana, Metallica, Linkin Park, Beethoven > Mozart (Sorry, Mozart is well known but he didn't make any serious changes like Beethoven), Aerosmith, Beatles, Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Guns N Roses.

I'm just going by what I know in terms of what bands/artists/composers have made changed modern culture. Beethoven brought us into the Romantic Period which has a sound that is sometimes still done today.

Are you serious? You value Linkin Park's "change to culture" more than that of the Beatles'?

Are you trolling? If not, please, do explain.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
In what way? There were just another Korn clone Nu Metal clone in the beginning.

eh, no i dont think so.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
a band that hasn't been repeated 4 times
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
The Beatles, Motley Crue, Led Zeppelin, Rage Against The Machine, Tool, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley... There's to many to name in one thread...
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
These are some less obvious ones I can think of:
Fugazi, Black Flag, slave chants, maybe Rage Against the Machine
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

Their debut album sold more units worldwide than Metallica's Black Album, and almost as many as Britney Spears' debut.

Linkin Park became much more famous than Korn. Like it or not, they left a pretty big mark on the music of this decade.
elvis, beatles, sex pistols, nirvana, michael jackson ( for the jackets obviously) , eminem, bee gees , green day, van halen, madona, led zeppelin
Quote by archangels666
Their debut album sold more units worldwide than Metallica's Black Album, and almost as many as Britney Spears' debut.

Linkin Park became much more famous than Korn. Like it or not, they left a pretty big mark on the music of this decade.

they didn't really change anything though. yeah they were popular, but that doesn't make them influential or even good.

i'd say the beatles, nirvana, metallica, hendrix, you know blah blah blah. the ones we all know and hate/love.
Quote by mental_zer0
they didn't really change anything though. yeah they were popular, but that doesn't make them influential or even good.

i'd say the beatles, nirvana, metallica, hendrix, you know blah blah blah. the ones we all know and hate/love.

He never said they had to be good bands.

And he also said bands that influenced culture, not music.

Of course I could've named off the countless clichéd bands that pop up every time the words "influential" or "best" or "most" are used. But I didn't feel like it.
Last edited by archangels666 at Nov 6, 2009,
White Stripes. Strokes. Talking Heads. Micheal Jackson (not in a good way in my opinon). Pavement. Pixies (without them, no Nirvana). Django Reinhardt (cause he invented a new language for the guitar)
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Quote by Doodleface
The Beatles.

+999999999999999999999
THIS IS MY SIG. BE JEALOUS.
Quote by archangels666
He never said they had to be good bands.

And he also said bands that influenced culture, not music.

Of course I could've named off the countless clichéd bands that pop up every time the words "influential" or "best" or "most" are used. But I didn't feel like it.

but how did they change culture? they didn't really even do that afaik. their music was popular and that was it. no real change in the cultural landscape. if i remember correctly, they were even riding on the last wave of the nu-metal phase.

as far as i can tell, they didn't change anything and didn't really bring anything new to the table. all they were was popular.

just my opinion tho
Quote by Gunpowder
Are you serious? You value Linkin Park's "change to culture" more than that of the Beatles'?

Are you trolling? If not, please, do explain.

I never said I was going in chronological order, idiot. I said them as I was thinking them.

Debuff your /toolness
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Led Zeppelin(shaped rock n roll), Nine Inch Nails(brought industrial to the mainstream), The Beatles(Just completely changed everything)

Too tired to think of others
Quote by sly fly
elvis, beatles, sex pistols, nirvana, michael jackson ( for the jackets obviously) , eminem, bee gees , green day, van halen, madona, led zeppelin

I seriously hope that you do not think Michael's only impact was jackets. You best be trollin.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Bach (started using dissonant and imperfect consonant (don't know the English term for those) harmonies), Beethoven (Romantic period), Charlie Parker (I think it was him, started real Jazz, and not that big-band shit), Chuck Berry/Elvis Presley (started Rock N' Roll and broke taboos), THe Beatles (no explanation necessary), Metallica/Led Zeppelin/Black Sabbath (Metal).
robert johnson, and some of the other delta blues players, they influenced all the bands of the 60s and early 70s
Almost all music has a pretty big impact on culture.

Slayer has definitely had a HUGE influence on culture.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
queen
bohemian rhapsody in effect started off the norm of bands making videos
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
A great deal of people have, such as Chuck Berry, The Beatles, The Stones, Beethoven, Mozart, Dylan, MJ etc, but Elvis is the guy who changed everything. I'm not a huge fan, he's good but I'm a Chuck Berry fanboy, but no one can ignore that he is what made rock popular, albeit The Beatles are the ones who changed it from a fad to music's next thing.
"You ain't nothin' but a hound dog. Cryin' all the time."
"Well since my baby left me *dun dun* I found a new place to dwell *dun dun* it's down at the end of lonesome street at the heartbreak hotel."
"Well it's one for the money, two for the show, three for my baby now go cat go..."
"Let's rock, everybody let's rock. Everybody in the whole cell block, was dancin' to the jailhouse rock."
Find me one person who doesn't know these songs and I'll find you a liar.
Last edited by cornmancer at Nov 6, 2009,
Quote by JAHellraiser
I seriously hope that you do not think Michael's only impact was jackets. You best be trollin.

Well, apparently he didn't have that much of a cultural impact cuz nobody talked about him before I did.

And what is that you don't like about the jackets? Everbody had or wanted to have one back in the eighties.
Page 1 of 2