Hey guys,
I'm not able to find much info on Hughes and Kettner amps but have heard that they are brilliant.
QUESTION: Which H&K Amp should I look at if I want to play Metalcore (August Burns Red, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Parkway Drive .etc.). What is the approximate cost of this amp and are there any major stores (like Guitar Centre, Samash etc.) in the USA which stock them or are there any online sites ?
How Does the H&K amp compare to a Peavey 6505+ and a Mesa Rec 2x12 cab for Metalcore ?

Thanks in advance
wat H&K?

CoreBlade?
SwitchBlade?
TriAmp?
Warp X??
???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I have no clue. That is why I asked which H&K should I look into.
What do you suggest ?
Quote by CatharsisStudio
my buddy did the coreblade clips.

woah nice!
ive been searching high and low for clipz

Linky?

TS, the Coreblade and the Warp series are built for metal
feel free to add me
Quote by CatharsisStudio
for metalz nah. also its gonna be on ketner sight soon they hired him to do em

thats pretty killer

TS, the Warp series are "better" for genres that uses heavily drop tuned geetars.
the Coreblade is pretty new so idk but the only thing i know is that Jeff Waters (annihilator) uses them.

and there ARE Better amps out there
feel free to add me
yes, great amps. imo, way better build quality than mesas and i like the sound more too. a triamp mk2 goes for about 3,500 cad, and a switchblade is about 1,750 cad. the switchblade is the better one for metal i would say. the samples on the website don't really do it justice on that front.
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
My price range is roughly that of a 6505+ . So for that price, should I go for the 6505+ and a Mesa Rec 2x12 cab or what would you recommend ?
Quote by Aditya_ram
My price range is roughly that of a 6505+ . So for that price, should I go for the 6505+ and a Mesa Rec 2x12 cab or what would you recommend ?

it really depends what you want
the Switch blade is HyBrid the 6505 is not
the 6505 has a darker and "brutaler" sound, the switchblade doesnt
the Switchblade has a great Clean channel the 6505 doesnt (the + has a pretty decent clean channel)
feel free to add me
I'd recommend a Peavey XXX 2x12 combo. If you WANT a stack, that's fine, but 90% of the time a stack isn't necessary.

If you've got your heart set on one of those you mentioned specifically, I'd say this -

If you want ONLY distortion and don't need good cleans, go with the 6505+.

If you want cleans, get the H/K. 6505s and their line are awful with clean tones. I'd go for the Switchblade or the TriAmp. Personally, I'd use the TriAmp because it's more versatile, but that's me.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I would choose the 6505+ then.
But what I meant to ask you was, is there anything better than the 6505+ in that price range ? even apart from H&K ?
Quote by Aditya_ram
But what I meant to ask you was, is there anything better than the 6505+ in that price range ? even apart from H&K ?

Well, it's more expensive, but you could save up and go with a Bogner Uberschall if you're serious.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Aditya_ram

new 6505 or used 6505?
feel free to add me
Quote by Aditya_ram
new 6505+

check my thread

link in sig
feel free to add me
Quote by Aditya_ram
i already did good job

Thank you. You helped me decide on the 6505+

the 6505+ is always the "go-to" metal amp because almost every metal band has used or is using them b/c they're decently priced and has a great tone (to some)

and if you want to save money look at the 6505+ 1x12 combo

just change the speakers to Warehouse Veteran 30's and the tubes to winged C's you're good to go
feel free to add me