I plan on putting my schecter in drop b, but I wanted to know what gauge strings I should use & how difficult it would be.
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
Its not really hard, but you might have to file the nut, fix the action, and probably adjust the truss rod.

I'd leave it to a guitar tech, because 2 out of those 3 can really **** up your guitar and turn a simple fix into an expensive repair.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Just curious, with a Floyd Rose, are there any other advantages other than the tuning remaining steady? I don't ever seem to come across any other capability of them, seems a little excessive when considering the duration taken to retune compared to a standard.
Quote by Nemm
Just curious, with a Floyd Rose, are there any other advantages other than the tuning remaining steady? I don't ever seem to come across any other capability of them, seems a little excessive when considering the duration taken to retune compared to a standard.
You do know what a Floyd Rose bridge is for, right? And yes, they are praised for their durability which makes them smooth to use and keeps you in tune.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Well, technically speaking, a Floyd Rose allows you to do manuevers that're otherwise impossible, such as the well known WHEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrr VOOOOOOOOOOM, and the REEERREEEREREREREREREERERERERERWAHWAHWAHWAWAHREARAEHR.

*cough*
It lets you do dive bombs, flutters, pull back on the tremolo (which you can't do with a vintage tremolo), and has very good tuning stability. A vintage tremolo can do dive bombs, but it'll knock it out of tune after a couple of them.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
Well, technically speaking, a Floyd Rose allows you to do manuevers that're otherwise impossible, such as the well known WHEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrr VOOOOOOOOOOM, and the REEERREEEREREREREREREERERERERERWAHWAHWAHWAWAHREARAEHR.

*cough*
It lets you do dive bombs, flutters, pull back on the tremolo (which you can't do with a vintage tremolo), and has very good tuning stability. A vintage tremolo can do dive bombs, but it'll knock it out of tune after a couple of them.

Actually, you can. It just has to be floating. Tuning stability, though, is crap if it's not a good system (US 2 point, Wilkinson VS100, etc).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My mistake, thanks for the info.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
First off TS, do you know how to set up a Floyd Rose?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Am I doing something wrong?

All I do is keep the nuts (or whatever they are called, the things that hold the strings down so they don't go out of tune) on the D G B and E strings then leave the one for E and A off.

Tune from Drop D to standard whenever you like
Quote by parsons19
Am I doing something wrong?

Yes.

All I do is keep the nuts (or whatever they are called, the things that hold the strings down so they don't go out of tune) on the D G B and E strings then leave the one for E and A off.

Tune from Drop D to standard whenever you like

It doesn't work.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by Guitar2theface

*cough*

How I broke the trem on my strat..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by parsons19
What do you mean it dosen't work. Works OK for me....

you can't leave the locking nuts off on a locking trem, you will basicaly have nothing to hold the strings and you will leave tune on those in a second.

Are you THAT stupid?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

Are you THAT stupid?

He's not stupid he's just misinformed. If you leave the locking nuts of you a guitar with a double locking trem, It will go out of tune. Also if you change tunings on a trem without adjusting the bridge, it will go out of tune.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by Guitar2theface
Its not really hard, but you might have to file the nut, fix the action, and probably adjust the truss rod.

I'd leave it to a guitar tech, because 2 out of those 3 can really **** up your guitar and turn a simple fix into an expensive repair.

This

But ask the tech if you can observe him while he does the work so that you can have the knowledge to do it yourself next time

But yeah use 12's for that.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I tune my floyd equiped LTD to drop bflat and i'm using ernie ball beefy slinky which are 11 - 54s and it didn't require much altering of the bridge springs (it was in standard to start with)