yeah that pretty much explains what i need help with. this especially happens on the high E string but happens to the G and B strings as well. I pick normally and they;ll randomly make a pinch harmonic like noise every several strokes. its mostly just audible when i'm using my amp but i can hear the high E make the harmonic like noise without the amp on. It seems to happen less when i play an open on the E but still occurs.

Any idea on what is causing this? Or what I could do about it?
Thank you in advance for time
do you use a lot of gain? what kind of amp do you have? pickups?
Whaaaat!!!!!!
or maybe u pick the string and your finger is touching the string at same time too ?
like chickenpicking ?
I know i do something like that and it sounds someting like pinch harmonics .
it sounds like u need to work on ur technique
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I think you aren't muting the other strings properly. What you're hearing is the note you're playing is triggering other harmonics on other strings.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I think you aren't muting the other strings properly. What you're hearing is the note you're playing is triggering other harmonics on other strings.

That happens to me a lot, so it sounds plausible.
It's called sympathetic resonance.
Thanks for your answers but no its not my technique although i am sloppy that is another problem all together.

I'm saying that when i am testing this I am putting one finger on the fret board, being very very careful to make sure that nothing else is touching my guitar. I pick slowly carefully as if i were tuning rather than playing and this occurs even with using my fingers and not a pick

my pick ups are EMG Select Pickups humbucking
I play a washburn, whose identity i cannot figure out. I bought it used however I've had it for a year and this problem is just now occurring

Thanks for all your responces
Quote by Frogula
I'm saying that when i am testing this I am putting one finger on the fret board, being very very careful to make sure that nothing else is touching my guitar.

Could it be sympathetic resonance? Certain notes cause some open strings to vibrate with them. Try muting all the other strings, fret the 1st one, and see if you can get that sound.

And how is the action on that guitar? Low?
Quote by denfilade
Maybe the string is hitting the frets?
... or one of the pickups.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
By the way, if you send me a few pictures of the Washburn, I might be able to identify it for you.