I currently own a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue, and I really love it. But I'm just curious if I'd be able to buy, for example, a Marshall JCM head and run it through the Fender's speaker. I'm pretty sure this is possible, I just wanted to see what you guys say.

Also, would there be a way to use the Fender's cleans, and another heads overdrive simultaneously through the use of a footswitch? I have a feeling this would be a pretty complicated mod if it's even possible.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
you can run a speaker wire from the Deluxe to the JCM as long as you have things matched up.

i'm going to bump and forward your question.

as far as the latter part, no not really. You can do some fancy re-amping but I don't know how you would make that footswitchable (at a reasonable cost).

I'm not an amp tech but why wouldn't you just use an Overdrive or dirt pedal for those times you need it.

An ABY pedal with a JCM combo or similar makes sense to me.

(I'll review your question and my answer in a minute)
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you can run a speaker wire from the Deluxe to the JCM as long as you have things matched up.

i'm going to bump and forward your question.

as far as the latter part, no not really. You can do some fancy re-amping but I don't know how you would make that footswitchable (at a reasonable cost).

I'm not an amp tech but why wouldn't you just use an Overdrive or dirt pedal for those times you need it.

An ABY pedal with a JCM combo or similar makes sense to me.

(I'll review your question and my answer in a minute)

Yeah, I'm currently using a Fulltone OCD for distortion, and I really like it. Thanks for looking into it for me! I didn't think the second thing would be possible, but thanks anyways.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Yeah you could easily do that, that is if you can soldered a few jacks. There's a tutorial on here to turn a combo into a head + speaker.

Basically you turn your fender into a head and cab first by cutting the wire going to the speaker and soldering the one from the circuit board to an output jack and the ones from the speaker also to a jack. Then build an A/B box so it switches between the marshall head for overdrive and the fender clean, and the box goes to the jack to the speaker.

This is if everything matches up, I.E. ohms and wattage. Just leave both amps on, then kinda use the a/b box as like a footswitch as if the fender was a channel and so was the marshall. Make sure you use components that can handle the current though, and speaker cables going from the heads to switch ands then to the speaker.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Never really thought about doing that myself until now, thank you ts, I now have more gas for fender cleans.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Yeah you could easily do that, that is if you can soldered a few jacks. There's a tutorial on here to turn a combo into a head + speaker.

Basically you turn your fender into a head and cab first by cutting the wire going to the speaker and soldering the one from the circuit board to an output jack and the ones from the speaker also to a jack. Then build an A/B box so it switches between the marshall head for overdrive and the fender clean, and the box goes to the jack to the speaker.

This is if everything matches up, I.E. ohms and wattage. Just leave both amps on, then kinda use the a/b box as like a footswitch as if the fender was a channel and so was the marshall. Make sure you use components that can handle the current though, and speaker cables going from the heads to switch ands then to the speaker.

No, no, no. Each head needs to have their signal being taken by a cab. Their signal needs to go somewhere, otherwise it's very likely that you'll damage your head.

Your best bet, threadstarter, is to buy an amp that gets kinda Fendery and takes pedals well, then run a Marshall voiced dirtbox for your OD. Examples for the pedal would include a Hao Rustdriver, Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret, Wampler Plextortion, Lovepedal Purple Plexi, Brown-Sound-in-a-Box, MI Audio Crunchbox, Zvex Box Of Rock, Emma ReezaFratZitz.....etc..
Hmm, this is pretty interesting. I'll have to look into this some more.

Lol, sorry about that misinformation, I never really thought about that, what about having some kinda dummy load or something?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ