Hey UG'ers!
Well, I own a Jackson DK2M, and I was wondering about the Floyd unit on it (A Jackson Low Profile JT580). Is there any way I can get the bar to STAY STILL? I mean, its one of those loose ones that will stay loose no matter how hard you tighten it :-/. Haha, I know I sound super noobish, but I really want to find a way to make it stay in one place so I can do all of those Vai tricks (you know, like turning the bar backwards, and rapidly hit it, all of that jazz).
Thanks!
I am a Stephenist
pics? You should be able to just turn the threaded piece until it's tight enough.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Nonono, I mean, the actual bar. I want it to stay stationary so when I wham on it, it won't like spin out of place.
I am a Stephenist
You should be able to just tighten the nut down a little harder. If that doesn't work you'll need some replacement bushings as yours would seem to have worn out.

Wait, do the Jackson bridges even have bushings for the tremolo arm?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
You should be able to just tighten the nut down a little harder. If that doesn't work you'll need some replacement bushings as yours would seem to have worn out.

Wait, do the Jackson bridges even have bushings for the tremolo arm?

You know, I have no idea what a bushing is... haha, god I'm a noob :-/. But tightening on the nut has never really done anything :-/.
I am a Stephenist
Dude this doesnt make you a noob, i have this same problem and i also have no friggin idea how to fix it, its driving me insane
go to a music store. You can get bars which have a small plastic ring that goes in the screw joint, this stops it from being pulled by gravity and you can have it in any direction but i may wear after a while of use...
Woot! New Zealand...
wrap some teflon tape around the the threads of the bar, a little easy diy tip if you cant afford to take it in
Take the back of the guitar off (where the springs are) and you'll see the bottom part of where the whammy bar screws in... try tightening that as well.
I second putting a little tape on the bar. F buying a new bar/bushings whenever the bushings wear down.
I know bushings don't cost much, but how much does an inch of scotch tape cost?
Exactly.