So im planning on making a Jackson shaped headstock on a scarf joint neck, just like normal Jacksons. However the jackson head stock is about 5" wide...

1. Does that mean I need a 5" wide blank?

2. since is going to have a scarf joint, is it possilbe to use like a 3" blank scarf the headstock part off. Then use some sort of jig to cut the headstock angle a little different so that the headstock part can be angled back, like a normal scarf neck, but to the side to allow the neck to be the full width of 5"?

3. Whats the easiest way to solve this width problem?

Heres a picture to help explain what I mean be width of the headstock.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Use a standard size blank. After gluing the scarf, glue on wooden "ears" to either side.
Draw out your shape, then cut it out.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
Use a standard size blank. After gluing the scarf, glue on wooden "ears" to either side.
Draw out your shape, then cut it out.

Glueing on ears sounds like it will need jointing... Is there a way where you dont need to do jointing. Also I have a blank already, not a stewmacs one, a peice of maple from the local wood store, Its 9" wide but I dont wanna use it for 1 neck only...

Plus I would like to try and keep the headstock one peice for looks sake... cause its not an ugly peice of maple.

So other than ears what ways are there? mainly just the ones i stated? or what?
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
It's the standard way to do it. if you do it right, with enough pressure from the clamps, you wont even know it's glued on.

The only other logical thing to do is to scarf the blank at 3" wide or whatever, and then cut out another piece 5" wide for the headstock, and cut the angle, plane it flat, and glue it on.

The ear method is so much easier.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.