hey guys, i have a vox ac15cc1x and a the moment i'm using a boss ds-1 with it for my distortion. i love the sound of my amp but would one day like to consider getting a new amp that i don't need pedals for my distortion. but i still love my amp so much. anyways so at the moment i'm looking to get some pedal(s) to get the same sorta distortion like steve vai, joe satriani and van halen kinda stuff. i love my amp so much and can't afford to get a new one at present but i can get some pedals. so i was think of getting an ibanez ts9 tube screamer to go with my ds-1? the ds-1 just isn't enough on it's own. what would you guys recommend? sorry i know i'm quite confusing. kk cheers

p.s. if you know of anymore guitarist/bands like the ones i listed let me know kk haha thanks.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Limited Edition
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Nov 6, 2009,
Van Halen used a 5150 and Satriani uses a JSX both of which are very high gain, no idea about Vai, so you are going to need a high gain pedal. The Ts9 isn't gunna cut it for what you want.

Check out the Hard-wire Metal Distortion and other "metal" pedals to try and get the sound you want.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
How much do you want to spend for the pedal? Could you sell your DS1 to increase your budget?
Quote by bantoto
How much do you want to spend for the pedal? Could you sell your DS1 to increase your budget?

idm. any price i'll save if i have to
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
i've also heard that steve vai has used a ds-1. but idk if that's true. and also i don't wanna sell my amp or anything because i also so play blues stuff. also is the h&k triamp any good for the kinda sound i'm after?
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Nov 6, 2009,
**** would i just be better off selling my amp?
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box