hi every1 i have edge pro bridge for my ibanez prestige rg2570 and already the finnish of the bridge has gone out and bridge has become almost completely silver.. i JUST got this guitar a month ago! now i am worrying about my rust because my old ibanez got rusted so quick and i dont want this one to rust

i have this thing called WD40 , if i apply it will it work? whats the best thing to prevent rust of the brdige and strings and all/ and how to i apply the things?

thank you please reply fast im in a hurry
are you sure it's rust? The bridge finish on my guitars has worn out from my palm resting/sweating on it, but it's not really a problem.. just keep telling yourself "It adds character!"
im assuming it was originally gold and now its silver? it happens. especially with cheap hardware. theres not much u can do. its not going to rust, its not like metal is melting away. the gold plate maybe, but thats it.

wd40 is a lubricant and doesnt help with rust anyway...

strings are going to rust because ur hands have oil on them all the time, and over time it will stick to ur strings and cause damage. but strings are like $6 a pack. replace often.

lastly, theres an edit button on ur post for a reason, dont double post a few minutes later.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
another thing: wipe your bridge (and strings) with a soft cloth after playing - your strings will last longer, and it will help the bridge thing too.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
im assuming it was originally gold and now its silver? it happens. especially with cheap hardware. theres not much u can do. its not going to rust, its not like metal is melting away. the gold plate maybe, but thats it.

wd40 is a lubricant and doesnt help with rust anyway...

strings are going to rust because ur hands have oil on them all the time, and over time it will stick to ur strings and cause damage. but strings are like $6 a pack. replace often.

lastly, theres an edit button on ur post for a reason, dont double post a few minutes later.

it was black matte finish but now its silver, the finish has some off the hardware isnt cheap its the finish. are you sure it wont rust because my ibanez rg350ex-bk's edge III bridge RUSTED easily...?
i hate to break it to u but it is cheap hardware with cheap finishes. it happens and theres almost nothing u can do short of replacing it. but if the hardware actually RUSTS, ur doing something very wrong, like cleaning it with water too much. iv owned epiphones and MIM fenders for years with just as cheap hardware and nothing has ever rusted.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i hate to break it to u but it is cheap hardware with cheap finishes. it happens and theres almost nothing u can do short of replacing it. but if the hardware actually RUSTS, ur doing something very wrong, like cleaning it with water too much. iv owned epiphones and MIM fenders for years with just as cheap hardware and nothing has ever rusted.

so do you think that the brdige that rusted is the cheap hardware or the one which has the finish off?
Quote by amphistheband
so do you think that the brdige that rusted is the cheap hardware or the one which has the finish off?

the one that rusted had to have been beyond cheap. as far as wearing finishes, it happens to gibson customs as well, its just a matter of time.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
+1 colored bridges often rub off. just something that happens over time.

wipe after use and dont use WD40.

also, if you find you're in a humid area, you can always leave the guitar in its case, with silica packs, when not in use.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
+1 colored bridges often rub off. just something that happens over time.

wipe after use and dont use WD40.

also, if you find you're in a humid area, you can always leave the guitar in its case, with silica packs, when not in use.

good call. i think sunlight does it as well. i know it fades the paint, idk about hardware. so if u have an outside gig thats one thing, but if its sitting in ur room where u get a lot of direct sunlight, move it or stick it in a case.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
as said wipe it down after use, but wash and dry your hands before playing (wouldn`t exactly call a edge zero "cheap hardware") nothing to worry about if you look after it.

it`s happening on my Jem
You could be rediculous and put a bit of zinc on it to stop it rusting or you could just wipe it down and make sure that there is no moisture on it.
The more you study the more you know. The more you know the more you forget......... so why study
why not WD40? it prevents rust.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quit sweating on your bridge. lol
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by Rocketface2112
why not WD40? it prevents rust.

wd40 is a lubricant, but not in the same sense that plain light machine oil is.
it also displaces water and adds a slight thin lube that tends to collect dust.
and can be harmful to some surfaces.

so it doesnt lube as well as light machine oil,
and doesnt clean as well as a wiping the bridge down with a clean rag.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011