Well guys, i've just sold 2 amps from my studio:

line6 spider III 120W
marshall dsl 401

i have now 900€, and i think i want a vox ac30 cc1.... for the small gig, studio, and home... would this be my amp? i play led zep, eric clapton, john scofield, guns and roses, a little bit of van halen, all around rock and blues and some jazzy stuff

i have a ts9 to crack it up... do you guys think there is a better way to go than the ac30.

tell me what would you get if u had 900€ :P

cheers
ac50 gets my vote. not the 30...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
ac30 sounds very good, but most of the tones you mentioned are a bit more marshally. maybe check out something like a laney combo or orange combo
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

401 is probably the most lifeless JCM2000 (in my opinion).
Go try a DSL100 head, crunch channel with the gain rolled up a bit will nail the zep tones, the lead channel does guns n roses nicely, and the clean channel can be EQed more that fat and clean enough for jazz.

Quote by stykerwolf
I'd suggest an 18 watter, the 1974x, you could order one from Ceriatone and other clone companies

where exactly are you located?

good option that I didn't think of, though you wont have an awful lot of headroom.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Last edited by R.D at Nov 7, 2009,
portugal, kinda hard to get that tipe of amps :X

the dsl 50 and 100 are too expensive for my buck!

and i dont want to DIY an amp...i dont know how to do that kind of stuff :x
Last edited by Lcrbsr at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by Lcrbsr
portugal, kinda hard to get that tipe of amps :X

the dsl 50 and 100 are too expensive for my buck!

and i dont want to DIY an amp...i dont know how to do that kind of stuff :x

You can buy fully handbuilt amps from Ceriatone at the same price (I think) as the kits. Very good pricing for the quality you get. They will ship anywhere, too.
Get a ValvePower 18w (A clone of a Marshall 1974x), It's handwired in England and it's only 470 euros,
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly