i put a recording on my profile called "Without You" and id like some feedback on the song and the vocals, ive been practiceing and i think its good. any feedback would be nice, try not to be too harsh
If you don't want harsh, don't come to UG :-P

But yeah, the song is fine and the vocals, it doesnt stand out as amazing but it aint bad either. My only issue is that you go flat on quite a lot of notes and shape your vowels really wierd which gives it a strange tonality. I think you gotta relax more in your singing so it doesn't sound so forced. Also I can tell that you are only using the low part of your voice, I recomend you get singing lessons as this will increase your range because I can tell that you have at least an extra octave above where you were singing that you still need to tap into. Hope this helps
Quote by hellz
If you don't want harsh, don't come to UG :-P

But yeah, the song is fine and the vocals, it doesnt stand out as amazing but it aint bad either. My only issue is that you go flat on quite a lot of notes and shape your vowels really wierd which gives it a strange tonality. I think you gotta relax more in your singing so it doesn't sound so forced. Also I can tell that you are only using the low part of your voice, I recomend you get singing lessons as this will increase your range because I can tell that you have at least an extra octave above where you were singing that you still need to tap into. Hope this helps

Thanks, I will work on that, thank you
I think you have a good tone, but you're really making it muddy and nasally by trying a little too hard to get the sound you want to hear, instead of just singing with your natural voice. I would suggest working on breath support to hit notes on pitch better. Also, try to produce your sound inside your mouth a little bit more than your nose. Everything is sounding a little nasally and strained. Just try to relax a little bit more while singing, and I think with practice you'll get an alright sound.
It's very clear that you like Rancid. It's all in tune, and it's a well written melodic punk song. If you're going for that intentionally nasty Rancid sound, it sounds good. If you're looking for legitimately good singing tone, it sounds ridiculous. You're completely cutting off upper head and nasal resonances, which is good for some punk rock and South Park imitations, but if you don't want it to sound muffled, let those upper resonances ring.
I like when people give me honest opinion about my music, so Ill say this:
Your singing sounds way to nasally, as if you have a plugged up nose. You need to relax and start singing from your diaphram. Like the guy above me said, your voice fits a punk genre (which this song seems to be) but anything else would be kind of unbearable to listen to. On saying that, you seem to reach the notes quite well, so I dont think your tone deaf, although there were some flat spots.

My advice to you would be just keep on practicing and take what everyone said here and use it.
Good luck.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

You have potential and yeah, I can see the punk influence with you, which isn't a bad thing in the least but strive to create your own vocal style instead of being like everyone else. Best wishes!
Quote by wanderer33
You have potential and yeah, I can see the punk influence with you, which isn't a bad thing in the least but strive to create your own vocal style instead of being like everyone else. Best wishes!

Thanks, Ive been practiceing, you shoulda heard the recordings i was making before, I think I improved.
i heard it till about 25 sec then turned it off. I think your trying to do a voice that just isnt natural to your voice. Sounded like ur forceing your voice to sound like something ur not doing naturally. TO be honest i just didnt care for it. But as the above said important is ur in tune. Just work on ur flats and sharps. I would seriously get lessons i took some and they worked out great for me. Listen to my song Mr brightside. IF you want to c4c. Also i thought the intro was to long to many bars. Thats my honest opinion take it how u would anyone else. Keep up the good work and use what god gave you. Good luck
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by hellz
Also, C4C? Check out www.myspace.com/helmutuhlmann and let me know what you think of the first track that should play :P

i liked it. Like your voice just needs some work on the flats. But very nice job. Harmonys , chords and stuff blended very nice together.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal