Page 1 of 2
Yeah so I just got back from seeing this movie about alien abduction. Basically they want you to believe it is true, but the movie itself made me think otherwise. It was creepy and cool, but definitely not believable. Anyone else seen it and have the same feelings as I?

Fyi- I believe there are aliens, but not probing our minds or taking us away from our homes.
Ehh, lame movie is lame.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
I've seen a documentary that says the odds of other life in the universe are microscopic. i'll try find a link...
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
The size of the universe has nothing to do with the likeliness of the development of sentient life.
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
Quote by isildurs_bane
The size of the universe has nothing to do with the likeliness of the development of sentient life.

It very much does. The larger the universe, the higher the chances of another planet having conditions similar to those of Earth.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by isildurs_bane

True, but the number of earth like planets makes it hard to believe we are alone....

I'm gona save us the argument by saying no one knows what could be out there.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
It very much does. The larger the universe, the higher the chances of another planet having conditions similar to those of Earth.

This.

How could anyone miss this point?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by isildurs_bane
I've seen a documentary that says the odds of other life in the universe are microscopic. i'll try find a link...

Aliens are probably looking at us through microscopes RIGHT NOW

O_o
Quote by Metallica rulz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
I've read otherwise. Universe is a very large place sir.

Quote by Wiki
The Drake equation consists of a large number of probabilities multiplied together. Since each factor is guaranteed to be somewhere between 0 and 1, the result is also guaranteed to be a reasonable-looking number between 0 and 1. Unfortunately, all the probabilities are completely unknown, making the result worse than useless.

The universe may be very large, but so is the number of highly improbable factors(or at least unlikely) that all must be present before a planet could support even the simplest life forms.

If there is life out there, we'll probably never find it.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
The universe may be very large, but so is the number of highly improbable factors(or at least unlikely) that all must be present before a planet could support even the simplest life forms.

If there is life out there, we'll probably never find it.

They've already found us and have been observing/visting us for thousands of years. The evidence is scattered all over earth and found in ancient cultures.

Think about the fact that there are more star systems in the universe then there are grains of sand on Earth...
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
How do you know there aren't life forms on other planets? Planets don't have to have the same conditions as earth to house lifeforms, science just assumes that all other lifeforms in the universe are going to be like humans for some reason
Quote by osXtiger
This.

How could anyone miss this point?

We need a separate forum for stupid people.
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
Quote by isildurs_bane
We need a separate forum for stupid people.

Yeah... except that was a completely legit argument...

Unless you were talking about yourself?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Okay, yes, there are billions of planets CAPABLE of supporting life, but the many factors that make life an inviable possibility are far greater than that.
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
Quote by isildurs_bane
Okay, yes, there are billions of planets CAPABLE of supporting life, but the many factors that make life an inviable possibility are far greater than that.

So? More galaxes = more solar systems = more planets.

The odds go up if you have more of that.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by isildurs_bane

Zeta Reticuli (star system) has some life supporting planets with beings more advanced then us...
--Gear--

Quote by isildurs_bane

We have no idea what the factors in creating life are
there is probably life on other planets that we can't even see
Quote by MLilienthal
How do you know there aren't life forms on other planets? Planets don't have to have the same conditions as earth to house lifeforms, science just assumes that all other lifeforms in the universe are going to be like humans for some reason

I don't. I'm just saying(and I probably could have been more clear of my point) that it takes quite a bit for a planet to have a habitat that isn't extremely hostile towards life. It doesn't have to have all the same conditions as earth but there are quite a few that would exclude a vast majority of the planets floating around space.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Quote by justinb904
I don't. I'm just saying(and I probably could have been more clear of my point) that it takes quite a bit for a planet to have a habitat that isn't extremely hostile towards life. It doesn't have to have all the same conditions as earth but there are quite a few that would exclude a vast majority of the planets floating around space.

Mhm I understand but what i meant is that those planets have habitats that are hostile to our lifeforms on earth...but that doesn't mean that other types of life can't live on them. Their could be beings out there that are able to withstand 1000000000 degree weather for all we know
I think we are forgetting about Xenu..... This has been going on for millions of years!!!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Whoever is denying that more planets has no effect on the chance of life in the universe is a ****ing retard

More planets = more possibilities = more chances of planets that can sustain life

I can't make it any clearer than that
Quote by MLilienthal
Mhm I understand but what i meant is that those planets have habitats that are hostile to our lifeforms on earth...but that doesn't mean that other types of life can't live on them. Their could be beings out there that are able to withstand 1000000000 degree weather for all we know

If you look at it that way, then just about any ol' rock could have life I guess. At that point you just throw most the science-y guesswork out the window and get yourself a big telescope and just keep lookin' until you find something.

At least we're not considering other universes, the multiverse or other dimensions.

I guess we'll truly never have a real idea until we find something.
Quote by barden1069
I think we are forgetting about Xenu..... This has been going on for millions of years!!!

Sceintology is the most idiotic thing I've ever witnessed/heard of...

Besides, as for the life supporting argument...The Greys and most other alien races have different standards for surviving and living then us....you know what that means? They are not humans with living standards suited for Earth, therefore it makes no sense to use Earth as a cosmic ruler to determine a life sustaining envirernment for a vast and expanding universe filled with countless plants and star systems.
--Gear--

Last edited by Phil Collins at Nov 7, 2009,
Yes, but the odds of life being created are so low that technically we shouldn't even exist.

I can't make it any clearer than that.
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
Quote by isildurs_bane
Yes, but the odds of life being created are so low that technically we shouldn't even exist.

Maybe we were created by other life

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

I read once that before anything existed on earth, aliens came and harvested and planted here so that things could thrive
Quote by isildurs_bane

Well remeber that we started as a simple life form. It doest take too much to support single celled organisms. We did, and then time and evolution took over.
--Gear--

Quote by Phil Collins
Well remeber that we started as a simple life form. It doest take too much to support single celled organisms. We did, and then time and evolution took over.

It doesn't take much to sustain it but it odes take a hell of a lot for it to come together.
It's pretty much impossible to comprehend just how big the universe is. It would be crazy if there wasn't any other life out there

Can you imagine? Us being here all alone in the universe...kinda scary
Quote by justinb904
It doesn't take much to sustain it but it odes take a hell of a lot for it to come together.

Sure it does, but its over an incredible amount of time.
Quote by MLilienthal
THERE COULD BE INVISIBLE ALEINS ON EARTH RIGHt NOW TBH GUISE

I'm not invisible!... wait... I mean...
<.<
>.>

Quote by Mudmen190
Sure it does, but its over an incredible amount of time.

True, time does give life an advantage, but more on what I'm trying to say is that there needs to be a whole lot of different elements to come together at the same time in just the right way fore life to form. Under perfect conditions with enough time a simple life form could form with which evolution could take over from. The chances of these conditions coming together perfectly at random an staying that way long enough to produce life are low to under exaggerate.
Last edited by justinb904 at Nov 7, 2009,
A question...

When do you think the government is going to stop the cover ups and tell us about the Greys? How do you think the public (or yourself) would react if D.C. confirmed the existance of beings far more advanced then humans?
--Gear--

Quote by MLilienthal

your tin foil hat will not protect your delicious brains...
I mean... nice tape recorder.

Quote by Phil Collins
A question...

When do you think the government is going to stop the cover ups and tell us about the Greys? How do you think the public (or yourself) would react if D.C. confirmed the existance of beings far more advanced then humans?

on Nov. 11, 2011 at 11h:11m:11.11s am, approximately
Last edited by justinb904 at Nov 7, 2009,
Page 1 of 2