is there anyway to make the strings on my electric tighter so it plays a little bit more like an acoustic. I'm having trouble playing because I end up bending the strings way too much.

thanks.
Quote by Regression
Use heavier strings, it requires more tension to get them in tune.

yep, I've got .012's on my electric and they are about the same as my acoustic. That being said I do plan on going down a hair the next time I buy strings.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
yep, I've got .012's on my electric and they are about the same as my acoustic. That being said I do plan on going down a hair the next time I buy strings.

Aww, now I feel like a pussy for switching down from .011's to .009's.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
lol you could put acoustic strings on your electric. ive done it twice. distortion wasnt any better but the clean was much brighter.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I was wondering about this as well!

Quote by SYLrules88
lol you could put acoustic strings on your electric. ive done it twice. distortion wasnt any better but the clean was much brighter.

I was contemplating this a couple weeks ago, but decided not to .. are there any implications?? would i have to raise the action after?
I use .09's. Not cuz strings hurt my fingers, I play acoustic also, but cuz I like how I bend strings on electric and I can move a lot faster. I play a lot of slayer so that helps
Acoustic strings have higher tensions than electric strings (I'm pretty sure). I wouldn't do it, you might **** up your neck.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Most acoustics use .11 or .12 strings natively, so swithcing up to one of those gauges will most liekly help. Bear in mind you'll need to tigthen the truss rod slightly to compensate for the increase in tension. Raising the action will also help make it feel more like the acoustic you're used to.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Guitar2theface
Acoustic strings have higher tensions than electric strings (I'm pretty sure). I wouldn't do it, you might **** up your neck.

i looked at a package of elec and acoustic strings side by side and compared the tensions on the back and they were identical or just a tiny bit different. i guess bronze is just stiffer? i think i only used acoustic .009s but i couldnt bend them for shit. but if you're used to playing acoustic, and if you dont use a whole lotta distortion, it might be worth a try.

just look on the back and compare the tensions if you can just to be safe.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab