I swapped out my pickup from an ibanez INF to a duncan JB. Tonally superior, it's GREAT. I love it.

With the INF, though it sounded like shit, i got all the gain i wanted set at 4. Now with the JB, I need to set it to 7 or more to get the same amount of gain. And with that gain, comes NOISE. Is the JB simply lower output, so it causes me to use more gain? Or is there something more? I just replaced my power tubes for JJ 6L6GC from Groovetubes 6L6B's.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

I'm guessing the INF was higher output. Changing power tubes wouldn't do that unless you did it at the same time you changed the pickups, you would have noticed.
yup, did it at the same time i changed my pickups the old ones were blown.

it wouldnt be such a big deal, if this wasnt such a NOISY amp..
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

maybe someone did a bad job of the wiring?

haha i wish 7 (let alone 4) on my amp was enough gain for me
Increase the height of the pickup, and make sure it's wired properly.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Haha, it's totally wired improperly. Had to sacrifice my neck pickup to get it to work. Finally did, but the volume knob acts weird when i dont have it full on. theres no middle ground.

But the problem wasnt that, i had it wired so it would output at full, but the pickup height was too low. I raised it and now it has plenty of gain
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH